Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Jimmy Johns Number Nine

I want one so badly.



Only 949 calories for the entire thing!

Surely I could cut one in half, and eat half today and half tomorrow, right?

I’m 20 days in to my diet and yesterday I gave myself permission to get Jimmy John’s. It had been a momentous day, as I became CEO of my company.  That wasn’t the original plan, so celebrating with a cheat day would be fine, right?

Instead I had a half pound of broccoli, chicken and some other stuff that took a long time to eat.  My reward was slowly enjoying my ashwaganda gummies (twenty minutes of thinking you’re having candy) and 28 almonds.



DID YOU KNOW?!? I DID NOT KNOW!!!

Tomorrow starts actual cooking for meals, as the Buckeye and I depart from our ready made meals.  They were a lifesaver the past few months, but didn’t bring much joy. 

Not that a half a pound of broccoli brings joy either…


He still brings me tremendous joy❤️

The Buckeye has joined me in the diet journey. He’s ten days in, just ten days behind me. He’s also lost 8lbs to my 11lbs, while eating significantly more.

Which is actually discouraging.


Candles are very encouraging, however!

So it’s tomorrow now, and we are officially three weeks into my diet. I weigh 188.8, 11.1lbs lost.

And I’m changing it up.

I’ve been looking at my macros, and I’m heavily missing protein.  So you know what I did?

I convinced the Buckeye we should split a Jimmy John’s number nine.


Since today was a very, very good day. The Princess’ Marine boyfriend returned home from a six month deployment.  

But first! I made zucchini.

I’ve got a lot of scientific study running around in my mind. One of the things I’m cognizant of is glucose spikes, and how eating veggies first helps with that. Since I plan on eating bread for the first time in three weeks, I wanted veggies first.

The zucchini was incredible.

It was two hours letter I wanted my long awaited, often scarfed, Jimmy John’s Number 9. I cut it in half and took the slightly bigger half. Settling in, I took a bite.

And could immediately taste the preservatives in the bread.


So is thinking you can go back to eating junk food when you’ve literally eaten clean for three solid weeks.

Sigh.

The longed for, anticipated with great glee, Jimmy John’s number nine was not as I remembered it.

It is why I am switching things up a little though. I know I have to add exercise 🤮 and I will get there. But can I switch to 5/2, and keep my calories under 1200 5 days a week, and do the 500 twice? I’m at the point I should only be losing 1-2 lbs a week. I got the extra awful off…is it ok to switch and focus on food order and still being careful?

I also wonder, how honest was I about calorie consumption? (I never was before, lol!)


I managed to put on a Top Gun shirt on Top Gun Day without remembering what day it was. I am smart sometimes.

So. Three weeks in.

Modifying it a wee bit, to make it less discouraging, and more healthy.


These two had six months of working through a deployment, managing expectations and reducing disappointments. Very, very proud of the good and healthy choices they made.

I recently read that being post menopausal-WHICH I NOW OFFICIALLY AM, SO EXCITED-is the time to realize you need to do some self care to have a healthy rest of your life.  It started getting rid of the extra I’d just put on.  Now let’s modify so we can go long term.

The end result is worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment