Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Let’s Elope

It’s been a contender since the day you moved my ring from my right hand to my left.


I know it’s your fondest wish, but....

I’d rather be thinking of castles...and for that I’m willing to wait.


Well when your clan castle is this amazing!?!

Then I think of the sea...and other dreams are spun.

Caspersen Beach...where I texted you from when we hadn’t yet met.


And color schemes are hatched....


And good friends who’ve known my struggles could witness and officiate.

My kids would be there in this scheme...my girls in the same shade of blue....

Simple and only $39.99

Then I think of money...and I go back to simple.  If I’m spending cash I want to marry in Scotland...so I turn to my beloved Prescott, and memories of a picnic on Courthouse Plaza.

Best. Birthday. Ever.
Minus the traffic ticket and snafu on I-17...

So I think I’ve found the solution...and anxiety of the Princess crops up.  Strangers watching....


The Prescott alternative:  Goldwater.  A picnic with friends.

And suddenly friends are excited, and girlfriends are giddy.  I get sick, and try wasting the time of misery looking at dresses....because the only thing I want (besides you) is a pretty dress.


Ball gowns are definitely a theme...as is color.  Silver, grey, gold and baby blue all are strong contenders...

And I get frustrated.


Because Steampunk, of course.

So if we marry with people around, I get ideas for merriment.  Like steampunk and picnics and laughter with friends.

And you in a kilt in every fantasy I dream:)

Mother says I should pick a dress from my closet, and marry you in Vegas.

My mind skips ahead...hoping I find a dress when Dawn is here.


The night before Dawn’s wedding, 7 years ago.  Cannot wait to see my BFF next week!

So what if we truly elope, since all I need is a dress?

On 3/3....since it’s 3 for you and 3 for me:)

And honeymoon in November, turning that wretched month around by enjoying off-season rates in the British Isles....

And I’m back to eloping in Scotland.

But then I think of the people we are making smile, knowing we’ve found true love.  And I know this is for us, not them.  And a picnic by a lake holds more magic than before, or a picnic in the woods.


The Princess honestly loved this spot:). Really!!

Both sound delightful...as does hitting the Row later with our friends while still wearing my pretty dress.

So here I lay, sick in bed, and enjoying right now, just being engaged.  Dreaming of a day we will celebrate for years to come, and trying to not to fixate on the unsold house and the fact my ex is here.  

But what day?

You’ve told only the select few...as my girlfriends all immediately see my ring and know:) Rereading my blogs I remind myself to enjoy these days...savoring this new normal.  The future Mrs. Dufort will only be engaged for a short time of her life...and how happy are these days!!  I can be patient while you settle in to the idea you proposed:)

I suppose it all comes back to the house...and I dread the thought that we won’t commit to a time until it’s gone....

And the creeping sadness returns of last week...the two year wait...and the determination to rest in the peace of God.


Last year, on the day we laid our fears to rest.

June 23rd.

You already wear the date around your neck.

It’s a Saturday.

It’s before the monsoons.

Neither of us has married in that month.

It’s a nice bit away.

Hm.

We could fly to California after with our free Great Lakes Air tickets we won, and have a tiny honeymoon while we save for Scotland and before you head to Washington for the Special Olympics national games.

And then I think of time off, and it being a lot and set it aside.

I have regrets with my prior weddings I don’t want to repeat.

The dress of dreams I didn’t buy, and how I settled.  The silly wishes of others.  The wasted money.

So I stop dreaming, and try to be content with this moment.  Before I know “when” and it’s still a secret and we still can surprise everyone.

3/3.  Three for you, three for me.  Parties later with friends to celebrate...three for you, three for me.

Baby, I hand it all back to you, and sit back in peace.  In two weeks I hope to find a dress, and the rest can simply sort itself out from there.  You can pick the venue, the date, the time you tell your loved ones.  I willingly give that to you-just as you gave me the delight of technically letting me propose.

I so love our flip-flopped way of doing things-you are an utter delight!



That and Facebook tells me not to worry, I’ve got the last name of Dufort locked in😂😂

So my sole objective is simply to find a dress I love, so I can be ready when you are.  I have a feeling we will have a blast, and that the fun will be something long remembered. 

(I do have to admit while I’d not mind an Elvis vow renewal, I really hope you don’t pick this as our actual wedding!  It’s sooooo just no.)

You.  I get to be with you the rest of our lives.  To live with and laugh with.  To enjoy days and nights with.  

To bring you joy.

To turn you on.

To comfort you.

To not harm you.

These days of waiting for the house to sell and not knowing when that might be have been made bearable by the promise you gave with the ring on my finger.  


YES!!!

As always, you teach me things without ever correcting me, or telling me to change.  Just being with you, I want to be better.

Thank you.

I cannot wait to be your bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment