Friday, August 2, 2019

Gyms 🤮

So I expected to wake up this morning fit and thin.


As you can see, I’m cautiously optimistic about my weigh-in.

The Great Weight Loss Challenge of 2019 has begun, and it’s only 31 days.  Yesterday I cut calories, and went to the gym.  Surely I’ll be happy with the scale this morning, right?


Or not.  I forgot how much I hate “exercise bras.”

The gym membership was purchased a few weeks ago, and I’d only gone once.  Because, you know, stuff.  The original plan was to go with Manchild, but that hasn’t quite worked out.


Lol, like who saw that coming...?

Anyhow, a new plan is in place.  The Buckeye, Manchild and I have all thrown $50 in the pot and the one with the most weight lost in a month will take home $150.  Me? I’m thinking it simply might be a good idea to be able to fit into a pair of jeans before the Hoodie Honeymoon😱😱😱


The Princess looks dubious.  I look chunky.

So my weight the day of the Challenge was 177.8.  Manchild’s was 260, and The Buckeye’s, 220.

Interesting to note I had a .8 in mine.

Our new scale is waaaaaay fancy, and it gives us horrible information like how much our bones weigh (only 6.8 lbs?!?) muscle weighs (only 108 lbs?!?) and how much our fat composition is.

We already discussed that.  Move along.  Move along.

It also told me to only eat 1813 calories a day and I’d hit my goal weight in 24 weeks.



Hence the return to the gym, as 24 weeks is unacceptable.

So, my asthma is usually exercise induced, and it’s greatly aggravated by high temps.  I was uncertain if I actually did cardio what would happen at the gym....so I tentatively tried a mild workout on an arc machine.  Got the heart rate up in the 150’s and didn’t have an asthma attack...which was incredible. Because I kinda forgot my inhaler...

😱

I was fine:)

What impressed me is I didn’t die, or feel like dying.  Some would say that meant it wasn’t a workout.

Whatever.


The Princess was the entire reason I actually went.

She doesn’t need to lose weight, but being fit is her goal.  I’m happy just to have someone go with me for now, as I’m not really motivated by my unfitting jeans like I should be.


See, you can’t see the dimpling...😂😂

Truth be told...I’m finding it hard to stand up from a squat....and that’s concerning. Lack of strength is unacceptable...and hence the new effort. The weight being too much is another...I know it’s sink or swim. I’m not a huge food person, but habits must be made to be strong.


I also admit I’m strongly inspired by Black Widow. Seriously considering back to red;)

My weight this morning? 176.8.  Given my workout, you’d think it should be 162 or something.  Like really.  15 lbs sounds totally reasonable with the effort I gave😂😂

So, there you have it folks. Exercise. It sucked, I didn’t lose my breath (making me wonder how much pollution adds to triggering my asthma) and I have a “free birthday workout” next Monday.

🤮🤮🤮🤮

But I’ll go, and drag you along with me.

Fitness Quest.  Keeping it real.









No comments:

Post a Comment