Monday, August 15, 2022

Things I control

10 lunges, 10 squats 

I can sorta control that while hanging on to both my dresser and my bed.


I can also control how organized things are..,,

Ughhhhhh.

Welp, I’m in trouble, again.


Me and Manchild, the brand new Marine.

Life has suddenly become much better, hence the ability to finally start looking at my health again. You’ll recall it all crashed and burned before due to a wicked eye issue, then a pandemic, then my mother’s death, caring for my dad, and now his passing. 

This morning I am very cognizant of my crunchy knees, the extra 35lbs (did I mention I was 170lbs this spring? Then my Daddy died - I’ve gained 15lbs in just two months!!!) and the fact I gave away all my size 12’s.

Thank God I did.


Lol ignore those girls behind me. I weighed 171 here and was very proud of it. (Sigh, I’ve always had cellulite, even when thin. Genetics are evil.)

So, let’s retrace this fitness quest.

Gave up around Feb 2020.

Broke my rule, bought larger sizes.

Went up to around 195lb (not certain, as I refused to get on a scale for sometime) by the fall of 2021.


Trying the ever popular “crossing my legs to look thinner” pose.

Puzzlemaster Harry got Covid in December 2021, so I filled in for him during our busiest season and climbed 4 flights of stairs several times a day. Dropped 10lbs.

Stopped putting flavored creamer in my coffee, and extended my daily fast, effectively going on a pseudo 16-8 diet.  Continued doing those stairs. Dropped 15lbs.

Dad died, the summer heat started and our seasonal slowdown occurred. That and they fixed the elevator, and stairs in 115° heat just wasn’t my thing.


And I indulged in food for comfort, as I mourned my father, dealt with the Buckeye’s summer TBI troubles, and worried about my children as I raced to catch up on things while I could.

So here we are, 185lbs and barely fitting into 10’s and nowhere to go but down as I gave away all my 12’s.

Sigh.

Manchild became a Marine 10 days ago, which was a huge relief. He spent 5 1/2 months in bootcamp, and never gave up. We journeyed to California to meet him, and then flew to Mackinac for my belated 50th birthday celebration. Upon my return, I know things must change, and finally I believe they can.


The gray skies kept the Fudgies away!

Things I can control:

What I eat

How often I eat

How much I move

My daily routine

Perhaps now I can finally achieve the quest, which is simply to be healthy. After two years of no medical care (long story, I was denied it due to my medical inability to wear a mask. Gee, thanks Air Monster) it definitely seems like a good time.

Right?

Here we go again…


If Manchild can become a Marine; surely I can get fit 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment