Monday, November 30, 2015

False Start

Sometimes, we jump the gun.

Thumb Butte, late afternoon, Thanksgiving Eve.

All week, I had stressed about Thanksgiving.  The King and I have not seen eye to eye for sometime; the holiday required a show of togetherness that I had no desire to fake.

So I stressed.

A lot.

This kind of stressing.

I purposely went up the steep side, daring the air monster to show up, just so I could get mad.

Couldn't find him...

I rested at my reward bench, drinking in the view and sipping from my water.  My stress had vanished in the climb, and I collected my thoughts.  It was going to be fine.

It was better than fine.

Despite our differences, we proved we could enjoy our time as a family.

So, encouraged by others, I thought I could branch out a bit, and explore other options.

On the Constellation, in jeans and boots.

It'd been awhile, and honestly I was a tad reluctant.  Thumb Butte had become a refuge, it didn't seem right switching up my trails.

Somewhat heart shaped rocks-not much of a sign.

I thought it would be fun, but in the end I was too hot, was unprepared without water, and I missed my views (the view from the Constellstion?  My work!)  I realized belatedly that I should have stuck to what was working.  I didn't like finding airplane pieces without a partner, didn't like being next to that other place of stress, my place of employment.  What I thought would work didn't...and I was disappointed in my choice.

But then there's this:

Seriously.  When I parked in the driveway!

So I'm back to what I know (ditching a hike because it's too cold) and I'm learning what I like, what I could like, and maybe what should be.

Apparently, pride in one's clean vehicle is a good thing?!

I'm learning...








No comments:

Post a Comment