Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Rapid Pace of a Snail

These are days to simply get through.

Beautiful Callie.

Callie's death impacted my life in ways I least suspected.  Since her memorial last week I've only managed to hang on to one new habit:  my solo Monday Thumb Butte hike.

Breathtaking as always.

This hike was different; I never before noticed it was oak trees lining the trail.

Stunning autumn.

I don't mind hiking alone, although my preference is to have a partner.  Perhaps a time of quiet reflection is healthy; I simply know my preference is to have a companion.  Always.

 At least I know where this trail goes...my life trail?  No clue.

My oldest is home for a few days, and it's so good to have all three children together.

Lad towers over his sisters!

Tonight we had dinner as a complete family; I wonder how many more of these dinners as a family of five we have ahead of us.  So many changes, so few assurances.

Holding on to hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment