Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Hurtling Forward

Well, that was unexpected.

My last selfie at the museum, taken during my lunch break, I assure you!

Less than 24 hrs after being out of a job, we lose the sale on our house.

Did I mention I also got called for jury duty?  In Phoenix?  Over 100 miles away?

My response to it all?

On top of the world; hiking right away!

I was set free.

I have learned an important self truth:  I work best when I set the schedule.

My choice, my goals, my actions all result in my very best when I set the timeline.

So now it's go time.  I have but five weeks to make this work-figuring out not only what I want, but how to achieve it, and achieve it quickly.

Luckily, I live here.

This was my second hike in three days after my joblessness.

Of course the second hike I had my butt handed to me as I was hiking with Ian, but I digress.

Stress.  My face has the mark of it very visible on it; a vicious cold sore which erupted the morning I was let go.  I haven't been hiking in weeks, the sickness which had consumed the past six weeks had consumed what little energy I had left.  Anger over the mishandling of our home sale added to it; frustrations at work about did me in.  

Then this.


Instead of fear, I felt freedom.

"Thumb Butte Wednesday morning?" Ian had asked at the end of our Flume hike. I looked at him surprised-I forgot I didn't have to work.  He responded with a laugh.  "Welcome back to your old life!"

Indeed.

Only this time, I'll do it right.

Fitness Quest:  Keeping it real.



*full disclosure-the Flume pictures are Ian's.  I have a predilection for picking hiking partners who are much better photographers than myself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment