Monday, March 14, 2016

Reflections

It's been a year since I began the quest.

Celebration?!  Not with my face looking so round (hence you get a picture of my leg!)

It's Spring Break, I'm on a cruise ship anchored off Catalina Island and all is not quite well.

I'm sick, still.  My ear is throbbing and my throat is sore, my kids have been sick since we left and I cried this morning.

We have an offer on the house, you see.

So this is the end.

Or a new beginning.

Goals?  What goals?!

New starts, new beginnings...I trained in these for twelve years.  Few succeed.  Lately I feel every dream, every hope slipping away.  At least in the holding pattern it didn't seem to matter...but now it does.

I am reminded that the only "what if" I can ever change lays in front of me right now...

What if I take year off and travel?

What if I quit my job and buy an RV?

What if I do what my heart says and not my head?

There's no bail out in the end.

No safety net.

Exactly as I like it:

Ahhhhh!  What I need!!!

Who wants to come with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment