Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Still on the Diet

I’ve lost track-is it 6 weeks now?  This diet thing is getting old.


Yeah!

So I “gained” this week, and then ended up weighing 171lbs on Monday.  Which is essentially what I weighed last week.

Last week, I was sooooo over dieting...Monday is a struggle when you have golf in the evening and not a lot to do during the day.  I did my same “two lunch” thing and was ok...but ended up not eating dinner.  Wednesday, my second fast day, I was busy so it was easy not to think about food.  The weekend, however?

Oh, I ate and ate.  The Buckeye and I went out to dinner on Thursday, with me in my rockabilly outfit.


Not that you can tell...let’s see if I have a better picture.


Waiting at the airport:)

Gotta say that our little tradition of my dressing up to pick him up has been delightful-I love that he loves my effort, as much as I love simply getting dolled up.  What was WONDERFUL was nearly all of my dresses fitting again; 2/3rds look great, including this form fitting one.

So maybe the diet isn’t too bad...!!

What’s nice is I now weigh what I weighed in May, when I stopped exercising due to the heat triggering my asthma.  It’s given me some confidence, especially since I have multiple pairs of jeans that fit (that I had bought this spring.)  In addition, I’ve studied more on the benefits of fasting, and I can see direct correlations to the Biblical tenant of fasting.  Apparently, our brains work better so we can find food. It’s also good in reducing inflammation, which essentially causes every bad thing in our body.


My body’s looking a tad better.

Saturday was the Special Olympics state golf championship; the Buckeye’s game was marred by a hand injury the night before.  He and Daisy came in second in their round, and Manchild was on hand to take photos.


Silver medals...but considering he couldn’t use two fingers on his right hand?  Amazing.

Both of my boys saw us off; Dove and I had a much later tee time.


So thrilled he got me into Special Olympics.  I have loved golfing with Dove and the organization in general!

We girls ended up coming in last in our round and hey, second to last overall, but we had a great day.

Dove & I golf on Monday’s with Brian & Ashley.  They took silvers in their round.

I admit, I feel bad that I’m so new to golf I can’t give Dove the edge to compete.  We actually golf about the same, and we each keep getting better every week.  I so look forward to regular golfing with the Buckeye this winter!

Yes-winter golf!  Loving Phoenix in the fall...I’m not used to the valley seasons, and I’m finding I’m cold when it’s in the 70’s:)

So the diet?  I had a lot of hot dogs this weekend (football, Special Olympics, drive time) and not a lot of consistent meal planing.  My weight staying stable I took as a good thing.

Dieting....so not me.  So boring.  So not fun.

But I’m liking the results, and plan to keep at it.  I simply need to add in more exercise.


The Buckeye bought me flowers; said they reminded him of my hair:)

The remodel of the house is done, and I’m praying for a quick sale.  I’ve sent out dozens of resumes, and hoping in the next month I’ll have tremendous positive change.

I guess the diet is just part of that change.  Not stopping, even though it’s so boring.

So thankful for someone going at it with me...for the first time.  Not gonna quit, not when he doesn’t.  Thankful for my Buckeye.

No comments:

Post a Comment