Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Stretching. Literally.

So my first thought is “will the . in the title be a . or a ridiculous mix of symbols when posted?!”

We’ll all know soon.



So this was the start to my morning.

I’m telling all of you out of hopes of actually continuing this...not that after FIVE YEARS of blogging I feel there’s any success in utilizing accountability as a factor in my fitness quest.

Actually, the only thing that keeps me returning to exercise is the thought of my grandmother in a wheelchair for 20+ years...and more recently, my mother’s health issues.  While both indulged in habits I have not indulged in (smoking by Nana, overweight by my Mom) I cannot help but see correlations. Neither looked after their health, and I admit I really don’t want to. I fully subscribe to being part of the 80% designed to survive war and famine.


Lol, she’s not really old. But good lord I’m wearing my hair like this when I’m gray!

The Buckeye and I watched the first season of Vikings over Thanksgiving, and I admit it reminded me of a different season in my life. When I tried to convince the King I was worthy of his love, by exercising and getting fit. Over the years I’ve struggled, knowing full well I need to get back to where I was when my hand broke. Between 150-155, and fit.


I’m definitely not there now!!!! 😂😂

It’s not a huge amount of weight to shift: 25lbs. I also have a genuine desire to move it.

Just no desire to exercise or diet.

So I’m trying things...like removing the clothing I love that doesn’t fit from my closet...and telling myself I have to give it away if it doesn’t fit in X number of months.

Problem is....I’m not certain that will work. 

What I do know will work? 

Getting rid of every size 12 pair of jeans...and the 10’s when they get too big.  


I have a double chin I’d like to get rid of, too.

So.

5-2.

But with a twist...hubby needs to go pescatarian.  Keto pescatarian. For actual legit health reasons; so more impetus to do it right.

Hence the yoga mat in my office.

Starting now, before the new year. With stretches.


Quite honestly, it’s a stretch.

I don’t want to do it. At all.  I’m perfectly content to stay exactly the weight I am. 

But, fitness quest.

Begin again.




I don’t want hindsight to be 20/20...I want 2020 to be the year I am proud of. For the first time in quite awhile.

5 minutes down.  1820 minutes to go!


I’ll be curious to see what next Christmas brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment