Thursday, February 6, 2020

Seven Weeks of Stretching

Well, I’ve only stretched twice this week.


Monday we did this.

The weekends we aren’t typically stretching, and I like that. But Monday we had to hit the road early and yesterday I felt horrid, so I’ve only gotten in two days.

I’ve also gotten back the results of my blood tests.

The last two-three months I’ve been very fatigued. Some days more so than others, and the ongoing eye issues haven’t helped. I chalked up the tiredness to being in pain (indeed, yesterday was difficult) as my eye just hasn’t improved yet. Knowing it’s some sort of auto-immune response, my doctor ordered blood work.


Meanwhile, this cutie got his first colonoscopy, since he’s almost 52.  He figured having survived his youth he probably should start taking better care of himself.

Me on the other hand?


I did Viking hair, and this is the day after effects:)

So it turns out I’m in real true menopause, a bit earlier than I thought (mum was 55, I’m 48) and my fatigue is due to that. Suddenly the fact that certain herbal teas helped tremendously made sense; they had all been “feminine” or “immunity” blends containing the right ingredients.  While truly a relief  that I didn’t have a life-threatening disease, I was not happy with my diagnosis.

It explains the recent gain of belly fat I haven’t been able to budge. It also means it’ll be harder to lose.

What’s more? The doctor said I need to exercise more as my LDL was borderline high....the very thing that caused my grandmother’s stroke at 62.  Granted, my HDL was also very high (a very good thing, and probably quite unlike my grandmother) but proof of what I’ve always known: I’m suppose to be active.

It’s just hard to be active with asthma.  



Giuppie’s not active.


Nor is Cuda.

Lol, it’s also been cold.

Anywise, more fruits, veggies and fish...pretty much the diet we’d already started. 

As for stretching?

I pulled something on Tuesday, despite being careful to be in proper alignment. The pull hurt enough last night I didn’t sleep well, so more fatigue than usual.

Add in the fact my own Puzzles are stumping me....


A stark reminder that at least I don’t live where snow and bitter cold prevail.

Right now I’m glad I’m stretching...my posture is improving hugely.  But I’m tired, and other things are stalled.

Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment