Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Bitter Pills

Well, I wasn't expecting this, either.

 I had just had two significant asthma attacks when I took this.

So the Air Monster is more than just exercise induced asthma.  Apparently, I've likely had very mild asthma my entire life.

And I just assumed I was out of shape.

 Always ready to go...

I hate pills.  Hate 'em.  You may recall the entire reason I started the quest was to overcome Post Concussion Syndrome...I didn't want to take pills.

Oh, and then there's that.

A prescription for Zoloft, too.

 To think, I don't need to hike/run in freezing weather.  I can just take a damn pill....

I've debated it for several days now.  I went to my most recent concussion follow up, and that's when I talked about needing a rescue inhaler.  Except upon further study, my doctor diagnosed mild asthma.

Dammit.

I only asked because the Air Monster scared me significantly on Sunday.  I was alone on the trail, almost done, and suddenly I could not breathe.  

Not once, but twice.

Surely it's just because I'm not in shape, right?

I had sucked down three bottles of water, trying to open up my throat.

So, this one...I can't solve this one without help.  Last night I took the first pill, irritated and angry.  An inhaler was temporary, until I got into shape.  Supposedly the pill might be.

I'm going to exercise more now.  If I have to take a damned pill--I'm going to get my money out of it.

Swimming is my next stop.  Buying that dang wetsuit. Sourcing locations and times.

And I'm listening to music that gives me chills.



I'm in love with Brahms....

The Zoloft?  Well, I'm weepy from the concussion.  Damn emotional from the knock on the head.  I don't need an anti-depressant for that.  But the trouble focusing?

I admit, it's hard to stay focused.  

Add in the stress of daily life (oh, the working 60+ hours, being a single parent with 100% custody, the ex, etc...) and the doctor said Zoloft.

I say better diet, more music and more exercise.

 If I could do this with a broken hand and mild asthma...

While I "get it" I refuse to take a magic pill.

Please don't be offended--it has great value and I am very glad it's available.  There are times in life we simply cannot take the bull by the horns.

But I still can.  I must.  Everything in me is repelled by taking any pill (the vitamin rant we will just not get into)--and for something I still could control through lifestyle changes?

I have to try.  

I admit I've been moody.  A damn knock on the head does that, especially when you add in my life.

 
Not that driving around Englishmen from York is a hardship...😊

So the plan...add more exercise.  Very likely swimming, utilizing the resources I have available through work.  At 5am, at least once a week.  Trail running twice a week.  Add more music...at work, we have Brahms and his fellow composers.  My daily food...ugh.  Might need to go grocery shopping.

What I CAN control:  what I eat, how much I exercise, what I listen to.  I can also control the Air Monster with a little pill.  After 45 years of thinking I was out of shape, I learn its how my body was made.  It saddens me to think it was just enough to keep me from doing, but not enough for anyone to notice.  I can also control how I run Ride, how I organize my day and what order I work on projects.

What I CANNOT control:  other people, and projects assigned.

Well, it looks like control is significantly in my favor.

 I can also control the color of my hair...😇

For now, I'm working on what I can control.  Other people can come or go--I'm just letting them.  It's Christmastime, and it's a beautiful season.  So what if I hate this needs assessment, I have Brahms and  Roam Your Home.  It's all good.

And you'll note...I'm fully capable of doing it alone.

UPDATE:  I had an allergic reaction to the Singulair, a nice pink rash, itching and it felt like someone sat on my chest most of yesterday.  So that's that.  No magic pill to breathe.  

I'm so very disappointed.  I want to do more, not less.  I did go pick up some In Tune by doTerra, it did help with concentration after my last concussion.  As for breathing?  Sigh.  We shall see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment