Friday, April 7, 2017

Bucket List

Ah, the bucket list.

 Mine...in a way.

To many, a bucket list is simply things they wish to do before they die.

Me?  Well, I'm gonna live forever, first off.  No death for me....!!!

Secondly...
 
Because of this, I don't wish.

The last six days I was prepping our house in Prescott for sale.  I get to the valley last night, and go hear my friend Jay play at an open mic night.

 
Adore this PhD.

We talked about my impending permanent move here, and of history, of course.

He keeps encouraging me to revisit that old dream of teaching history.  Finish my Master's and teach at the community college level, he says.

It's tempting.

He fills my head with talk of history and the humanities...oh, how I love them both.  Add art I'm passionate about and you can see why I must fulfill the ultimate goal of being a philanthropist.  I must support these things....but first?

A list.  Of steps to take to achieve goals...a bucket list of "must do's." 

Like getting healthy.

 
Do I have to?!?!!

I went to Prescott and did NOTHING.

 
My app got all passive aggressive with me.  Pissy little thing.  Proof what "motivates" others has the opposite effect on me...and likely the rest of the 80%.

 Well, I did hike Thumb Butte in a 50 minute round trip loop with Ian.  Yes, we went his way.  After two years of hiking together, it's inevitable we're going up the steep side and he'll be 40 paces ahead.

Why didn't I do my HIIT workoutS?  #1?  No place to workout.  The house was a disaster as we packed and cleaned at the same time.  #2?  I just couldn't.

Isn't that the same philosophy we apply to bucket lists?    No time/place/money.  No willpower to make it happen.

I hiked with Ian only because we had planned it the week before.  (You know, when I exercised daily and sometimes twice a day:)  The appointment to show up yesterday I nearly cancelled (final touches to the house) but I did it as a partner was waiting.

Partnership.  Now that's a book, not another blog...😳😜

The week before, I had no distractions of a massive job on a tight schedule.  Although I had a very full week, there were little distractions from others...and what a massive difference that makes.  This time of my life is a precious gift-it's a time of resetting.  Creating new habits to reach new goals.

My bucket list?  It's a bit different.  I don't hope or wish for these things to happen.  I have to plan, prepare and work to make them so.

I can't wait.

Katie's Bucket List
Circa 2017

  1. Establish Ride as a franchisable business.
  2. Learn to play the piano
  3. Run up & down Thumb Butte, then Piestewa Peak, then Camelback.
  4. Stay at Phantom Ranch
  5. Go back to Europe without a toddler (this one has been on my list for 20 years.  I find it interesting that said toddler is going for the third time!)
  6. Epic road trip of the Lower 48 hitting every National Park and as many brown signs as possible.
  7. Alaska ONLY so I can say I did all 50 states...
  8. Ma's house in Dorchester, Mass, Greene, ND and Effingham, IL for family history.
  9. Kentucky Derby, baby
  10. Any chapel/churches in Europe my ever so great grandparents worshipped in.
  11. Australia
  12. Hot Air Balloon Ride
  13. Speak in front of a crowd of 5000...then 50,000:)
That's it...for now:). Reads far more like a list of goals...and I'm ok with that.  

At least in business goals I'm in the 20%

❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment