Sunday, October 8, 2017

21 days of Dieting

Well, lets just say I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.


Last week's morning meal.  Tasty and filling!!

Last Monday I remembered I was having a fast day when I met the Commander for breakfast.  All was well, the above menagerie was 300 calorie.  Meaning I only had 200 left for the day.

So I snacked on baby carrots and had lots of water before golf.  But golf made me hungry....and I had eaten a lot of carrots.  Like - almost 3/4's of a bag, and about 100 calories worth.  Meaning I had 100 left, and had to drive two hours home to Prescott.

Ugh.

I was so hungry I wanted to cheat.  One hour in, I stop at McDonalds, and pulled up their entire menu by calories.  I settled on a large ice tea (unsweetened, of course.  I am from the North) and had a plain hamburger, no bun.

And that was it.  500 calories total for the day.  On the nose.

I honestly thought about cheating.  I told the Buckeye as much, and he responded he felt the same...but thought of me.

Just like I thought of him.

And we both made it through the day, and didn't cheat.

Tuesday I was relieved-I could eat anything I wanted....and yet, while I had a few slices of pizza, when I logged my day into the Lose It! app I found my calories count was well below my allotment of 2000 for the day.  I simply didn't eat as much, and was full faster.  Wednesday, another fast day, was easy.  I was at home, so I split a can of soup between lunch and dinner, and added an entire can of green beans to each serving, and mushrooms to the later.  I had carrots again as a snack; and was never hungry despite working hard on the house.

So why am I dreading tomorrow?

This weekend, I ate responsibly and enjoyed food without real thought.  I came in under calories, and my weight this morning?  173lbs.  I'm down 8.4lbs in three weeks.  The Buckeye?  He's also down 8lbs, and I see it visibly on him.  His pants aren't staying up, and I'm delighted to see the changes.  Me?  Well, my boobs aren't as big, and that's kinda sad.

My clothes still don't fit, except for certain tops.  Jeans are still unable to be pulled on, and I'm thanking God for Prescott's delay in the cold as I'm still wearing shorts.  Dreading tomorrow?

It's a fear that the weight loss will stop, and all of this is for naught.

Right now, I'm remodeling the house in Prescott, in hopes of a sale at last.  It's a gamble and the stakes are high; yet everyone says they think it'll be a win.  Why I cried all day Thursday then?


They're not painted; they're painted and stained...a four step process.  Times six.

Maybe it was the diet.  Maybe it was the fact it was my late sister's birthday.  Maybe the fact Little Miss Sunshine, a friend's niece, had died after a year of battling carcinoma.  I'd prayed for her for nearly 20 years...she had been born with spinal bifida, and when I first met my friend (who actually introduced me to the King) he told me about her.  Hence the decades of prayer...and now her death.  The never ending remodel.  The messy house.  The lack of help in the chaos.  The vision that is yet for an appointed time...


Th Buckeye had sent me home with this:)

So on Friday, despite knowing I had much to do, I left for Phoenix.  We had a Special Olympics regional golf meet, and I was committed to being there for my partner, Dove.  The Buckeye and Daisy would be teeing off for their fifth season together, and it was my first Special Olympics meet.


Me and Daisy.  Dove isn't a fan of social media like I, and I respect that:)


Me and the Buckeye, both sporting our team colors on the driving range.

Dove and I had a later tee time, and when we went to start were greeted with the news that both our competing teams had scratched!  It was an automatic win and a gold medal for us both; something we both chuckled at.  We played our nine on extremely fast greens, alternating shots.  We had one birdie on a par five, and both hit extremely well in the fairway with our new clubs (her a Callaway 11° driver I picked up for $3.99 at Goodwill and I with my Callaway Big Bertha 5 iron I found for $2.99!!). My new wedge club is likely my new favorite; we had a blast and we both improved our games.  


So love this man.  Delighted to join him in volunteering with Special Olympics! 

Later that evening, we took in a local haunted house; it was my first in 20 years.  The Buckeye loves such things, me....??  Well, it ended up being fun in a terrifyingly fun way.  Thankfully he enjoyed my fright, and I enjoyed him being my protector.  It was a fun double date with friends, and I agreed to go to more.  I'm certain in our future he'll attend many things with me he'd rather skip, so this was an easy concession.

So 21 days in, and as of this morning I'm down 8.4lbs. It would be more if our amazing dinner a week before hadn't thrown me off; the lesson, however, has been learned.  While we can have treats, we simply watch our portion size.


Rectangular apple cheddar pie!


More Duke's!!

Nope, I'm not looking forward to fasting and eating only 500 calories, but I'm looking forward to the future reward.  Kinda like the next few week's worth of work:  in the end it all pays off.

Hoping this time it really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment