Monday, October 16, 2017

28 Days of Dieting (or why I hate my metabolism)

I'm sooooo stinking mad.

I weighed 175lbs today, up 2.8lbs from last week, despite staying within my 1700 calorie a day limit (which means I should be losing at least a pound a week) and having my two fast days of just 500 calories.  Plus, I actually exercised.


I'm learning to genuinely mountain bike-on Trail 100!!!

So, I stay on target with calories, but apparently my um, unconventional choices of those calories is problematic.

Like on fast days I just wait until evening to eat and that's triggering starvation mode.  So stupid.

Or the fact it's hard to gauge what exactly is a half a bag of Cheetos.


The soooooo handsome Buckeye is down 9lbs!

Meanwhile, the Buckeye is looking amazing, feeling better and is all-around incredible.  He's never been a junk food eater like me, so it's not as difficult for him.  Me?  I'm recording everything I eat and it's clear I make terrible choices.

But at least I'm starting to exercise again.


Trail 100.

Trail 100 in Phoenix is a favorite of mine-it's crazy rocky and I loved learning trail running on it.  To bike it?? Ohhhhhhhh it's gonna be a challenge.  This week I learned about keeping my feet level; my broken foot in 2014 from mountain biking is still a fresh reminder of the consequences of riding with a foot down.  The nice thing is it wasn't hard to breathe--while it the asthma kicked in mildly, I easily kept it under control.  Add in the very patient Buckeye, who never got too far ahead, and it was a definite win.

The diet, however?

I'm over it.

It's not fun anymore, because there are no results, despite following the rules of staying in the calories limits.  Once again, my body isn't following science as a rule (I should lose a pound a week by simply being under 1700 a day.  Last week, for the week, I was 3563 calories UNDER goal calories for the week...even if I misjudged the calories on that aforementioned bag of Cheetos, it's certainly wasn't 3563!!!  How I gained when I'm doing more and eating less is just maddening, and soooooo my body in general.

Unless maybe I did gain a little muscle.  I've been working so hard on the house, painting everyday, and my shoulder hurts.  I can see muscle definition in that arm, and I have been golfing regularly. 


I'm so tired of this.  Flipping over this remodel.

So stress-wise, I'm sooo over my house.  Which evidently triggers starvation mode.

I honestly hate my body.  I lost my gorgeous boobs, regained my waist and I'm stuck.  If I wasn't so steadily gaining before this, I would say just go back to it.  I liked being curvy (but I hated the stomach pooch.) 

But I really miss my clothes.  Nothing fitted.  And I missed my flat stomach something fierce.  So again, today, I'll follow rules that got me no where last week.

Unless I gained muscle.  That is an interesting theory I hadn't considered.


If only burning fat was as easy as burning a hat!

This diet is not fun, and I love fun.  However, I'm sticking with it because what IS fun is seeing the amazing change in my boyfriend.  Not only does he look better, he's moving differently.  He looks younger, and admits to feeling better (except for the day after fast, interestingly.)  I'll keep up my end of the bargain hoping to see a change simply because I see it in him.  His desire to be healthy inspires me to do the same; it wasn't that long ago I started this quest for fitness...not just a good weight, but fitness.  Fitness of the body, soul & spirit when you get down to it...and while improving in two, I've let the third slide.


This came up in my Facebook feed.  I felt horror.  I never, ever want to exercise in a group again.

It's interesting that I perceived this group exercise shot with pure repulsion.  It's not that I care what others think about my body (I honestly could care less) it's more about the fact that in the last year I've come to love exercising by myself, away from everyone else.  I loved mountain biking with the Buckeye as it was a "best of both worlds" scenario--still me vs. the trail, alone with my thoughts but with a really hot, sexy man cheering me on.  


Fast day lunch instead of saving all my calories for later (i.e. me trying to prevent starvation mode)

So today I'm readjusting, eating a small lunch of tuna and carrots (88 calories, 15.3g of protein) and just finished a very easy 20 minute bike ride.  It smacks a bit too much like something everyone else might do, and that's irritating.  

I'd also like to eat a bag of Cheetos.

Until next week....!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment