Friday, January 24, 2020

Week Five of Stretching

10 minutes.

Every.

Single.

Morning....at 6am.

Thankfully these are gracing my desk the last week and a half...and since we stretch in my office it’s at least pretty.

So I’ve not done well at not complaining...the last week I’ve been super tired. The eye ulcer still is not healed completely, and I’m pretty worn out.


The dark circles are very disturbing to me.

So, it should be a habit, but it’s not.  Stretching is a necessary evil, and my lack of enthusiasm and poor form last week means I pulled a hip/glute muscle that flares up when I drive long distance.

Seeing  as I have a 200 miles commute once a week, that’s sooooo not fun.

But what is fun?


Thrifting and finding exactly what you need for a new business venture, and having no issues squatting and standing back up.

What’s super super amazing? Deciding the “bad guy” in a story scenario should be a Steelers fan and finding this hat at a thrift store soon after (and over 2000 miles away from Pittsburgh, too!)


Lol, my “stealer” is gonna be a Steeler. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ #brownstwitter

Speaking of Browns Twitter, I was enlightened recently to the word “zaddy.”  It’s my new favorite word, as it aptly describes the Buckeye; however the definition is not family friendly, so if you’re over 18 go look it up in the urban dictionary.


He says he doesn’t like the catπŸ˜‚

After a great start to the new year, the Princess and I have struggled a bit this week.


This sunset!!!!!! Surely the heavens declare the work of His hands!

We both started strong, 21 days in of kicking butt...but I think we are both a little tired. It’s a lot, doing everything we are doing. 

Also working more than ever is Manchild.


We’ve discovered he’s a natural born salesman, much like his mother.

He’s doing Special Olympics on Friday’s with the Buckeye, and has added in church on Tuesday nights. Now there’s the occasional weekend selling gig, and he’s been asked to help bounce...which both his dad and stepdad did at his age. That his mama isn’t too sure about....!!!

The Commander took off for a weekend in Michigan this morning, as her lifelong BFF is getting married and she’s the Maid of Honor.  Dress shopping is their goal for the August wedding.


My children look nothing like me....I suppose that’s good?!

So while I struggle to wake up some mornings, the benefit is my joints are working better. Yeah, I probably pulled something doing stretches poorly when I whined, but that’s on me. What is good to see is my nearly all-grown up children doing well (while the Princess has struggled a bit, it’s only because she’s taking on a lot, and has a little adjusting to do.)

A little adjusting to do. That’s probably the best advice I could give myself: you can make it all work, there’s just a little adjusting to do.

Fitness quest:  keeping it real.












No comments:

Post a Comment