Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Week Three of stretching: Not quite a habit

You can tell it’s early, as I’m not capitalizing properly.


Early also means you lose your glasses on your blanket on the bed....

Well, this week we missed a few days. New Year’s Day we took it easy...sleeping in after our “night out.”


Doesn’t my man look fine?!?

What’s funny is we left at 6pm, and were home by 11pm.


My favorite photo from the night. He was turning towards me for a kiss...and I love what it captured.  Love. Proven love through what was the most difficult year...still strong despite the storms. 

As the New Year starts, we’ve taken a different view of life, and what we wish it to look like. That started weeks ago, with me starting to stretch, and the Buckeye stepping out in faith. So here we are, a bit further in to our “new year” than most. What we’ve decided?

We’re no longer young😂😂😂

The Buckeye says we’re old, I say we are middle age; we didn’t even bother to stay up until midnight! Stretching (nearly) daily has shown us we are far from our youth; after skipping New Year’s, we hit January 2nd with no difficulty. But Friday the Third the Buckeye had to leave super early for work, and Saturday we had to drive to California and back.


Our diets suffered, lol.

So just four days in to 2020, we’d only stretched once and eaten a day of junk food.  Sunday was a definite wake up call.

Stretching was hard.

Not mentally hard to get back at it, but hard in that we’d both lost some balance, and had obvious tightening.  It was, frankly, shocking.

And a big wake up to our middle age.

Suddenly it made sense how people ten-fifteen years older than us had difficulty getting around. While we both hiked regularly, we both have desk jobs. We aren’t often moving.

So we got back to it.  Added more minutes, and now we are at eight a day. We discussed the merits of time, and decided 15-20 would be optimum. We argued about adding cardio at some point, and I had lofty ideas about Pilates. For now, we are stretching, and building a habit...and we aren’t there yet.

Same with the diet.

We’d thought to go back to 5-2, and last week reset our Lose It! Apps up. It’s a simple calorie counter, and it’s a huge reminder to be careful what you eat. I took all my clothes out of the closet that were too small, and told myself if I don’t fit into them by mid spring I’d have to donate them (a huge potential sentimental loss!)


He has kilt goals now, so he has inspiration, too:)

Thus far I’ve stayed under the calories I’d need to lose 1.5lbs a week.

Hang on, let me go weigh myself this week to see if my body has cooperated.  I’m guessing it has not, sooo...and yep.

I’ve gained a pound.

This is totally unsurprising, as this has happened EVERY TIME I START A DIET.

So apparently I weighed those chips wrong😜

Anywise.

Diets are started, but lifestyle changes are being attempted. I’m ok with bumps for now.  A few missed days of stretching resulted in immediate loss of inches reaching for my toes; it was a great reminder that I alone can fix my body. A gained pound means I ate 140 chips instead of 40 chips, and when you cheat counting calories, you’ll alway end up getting caught.

Welp.

At least I’ve been to my happy place, Home Depot.

So, I’m far from perfect...but there’s a difference this time. 



I have an actual plan.  And I’m determined to make it a reality.:)



No comments:

Post a Comment