Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lemons

My work week is finally over.

I did brooches all week...and then today I steampunked it with a radiator cap...and forgot to take a picture.

So I'm exhausted. 

With no real exercise.

Me!

Instead, it's this:

Fat jeans got pulled out today.

My hand is *hopefully* healing since I'm doing nothing (well...except with my phone...) but at this point I'm pretty disappointed.

Affection, attention, accountability.

Affection can only come from The King.


Attention could come from any friendship.


Accountability is expected in all relationships-especially business.

I knew these plums would be outstanding because of Skow's business reputation.

Then you go and break a hand, and a heart three times each...and suddenly life is just so hard.

You crave affection so you'll stop the heartache.

You crave attention to get your mind off the constant physical pain.

You crave accountability so you'll have something to count on.

Only to be and receive disappointments...so as the ever optimist you try to count your blessings.

A card from a friend you put by your bed.

Stopping for purple flowers (Grand Hotel Instagram).

Laughing with Aunt Boo.

And in the morning, you think of the conversation the night before and try not to weep, hoping for the joy that is promised for the morning.

But it is silent, and you are alone.

When all you want is affection, attention and accountability.

It's too much to ask?

So I'll go at it alone for today.  I've been assured I need none of these things I so crave and desire.

Maybe I'll try exercise.

The mere thought terrifies me.

I cannot break my hand again-it must heal this time.

This time.

This time I don't ever want to repeat.

I've got the lemons...which ocean shall I head to?








No comments:

Post a Comment