Thursday, September 24, 2015

Third Time's a Charm

This is it:  the wrap is off.

Yep, it's still buddy taped.  I'm keeping that as my safety net for a few more weeks.

For those of you who are convinced my right hand is permanently messed up (to put it mildly) I'm excited to say it's week EIGHT since the third break (and twenty-two since the first break, but hey, whose counting, right?) and I've been cleared to start "using" it.

Which means I'm still using my left hand for nearly everything.

The middle metacarpal of the right hand is NOT extremely hard.  I can vouch for that.

Quite honestly, the hand is in need of some help.  

 My fingers don't bend any further; they should touch my palm.

So I'm going to start using them, finally!

One of the unexpected side effects of this last break is the new skin sensitivity on my right palm.  Feeling things in my hand, or on my skin is a new sensation...and I'm very aware of it.  It's not a bad thing, and I'm wondering if this is how a baby feels newly out of the womb when it comes to touch.

My favorite type of touch.

So I'm thinking I need to start thinking about exercise in addition to hiking, and I need to figure out how to make the last quarter of the year better than the first three-quarters (lol-it's not hard compared to the last 22 weeks...!)

In reviewing the Quest blogs and videos, it's pretty apparent classical Pilates with Lucille is the logical choice.  The day I broke my hand I did a video earlier about it; and I'd love to regain that confidence.


I've picked myself up and I've dusted myself off.  Now just where did I leave that horse??

OK, maybe I haven't gotten up just YET... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment