Thursday, October 15, 2015

Apple Roses

I worked late tonight, and then drove straight to another meeting.  My youngest kept blowing up my phone, and  I answered it snapping, "what do you want?"

Not inaccurate.

"I'm making you Apple Roses and wanted to know when you'd be home."

For the uninitiated, these are to which she refers:


I shared it earlier this week on Facebook.

This has been a tough week.  Today was probably my best day, as I start to settle in a bit.  Last night was little date with Lad:

Plane junkies.

B-47's did nothing for me, but the film of three B-52's taking off, followed by their tankers was exhilarating.  The talk also encouraged me as a programmer...even five-time aviation hall of fame inductee's aren't the best at public speaking.

Today I resolved to do the things I've always wanted to do...and that meant a ride in a helicopter simulator tonight.

Note the start of a double chin.  Sigh.

It was so realistic I got airsick.  Thinking that helicopter lessons are probably not for me.

He probably agrees.

OH!!!  That reminds me.  Happy news, my new iPhone 6s's name is Goose.

It's rose gold and has gold honeycomb and black bees on it.  The name is perfect!

My old iPhone 4s's name was TK421.

I miss TK421.

My 5s always irritated me so I never named it.

ANYWISE...

Two-stepping.  It's on the no regrets agenda.  Probably need to take a fixed-wing discovery flight.  Trying two new companies and helping a third.  These are all good things.

As is this.

My sweet daughter made me Apple Roses.  They were yummy, but I know I stole some of her thunder with my curt answer to her seventh text/call.

I hate that.

The lesson I'll take from the Apple Roses:  Love never fails.  Regrets aren't always the opportunities you didn't take.







No comments:

Post a Comment