Sunday, February 21, 2016

Recovery

I'm supposed to hike in the morning.

I'd rather hang out in a sundress:)

I *think* I'm well enough to exercise.  I know I *need* to exercise as just grocery shopping wore me out...of course I am still coughing a ridiculous amount.  Hence, tomorrow will be The Flume and not Thumb Butte; hopefully I'm up for the task.

Exercise.  Ugh.  But my grandmother had a stroke at 62...granted she smoked like a chimney but she was thin like me, and adored potato chips like me...and genetics are indicators.  I need to get healthy and stay healthy...for me.

The trouble is, it's vogue to be healthy and to exercise, and I hate being like everyone else! 

As does Gaga...

Then you get a call from a friend telling you one of their friends, who is only three years older than you, is in ICU with a heart attack.  Suddenly all you can think of is your own poor health choices and how much time before it happens to you.

I mean, look what happened to him!

My Fitness Quest is a year old now, and I'm still not in shape.  Well, emotionally I'm fitter (maybe) as I'm happier since divorcing (I think.)  Physically that broken hand took way too long to heal...but then again, I had been cursed.  (Several people told me it wouldn't heal until I got divorced.  They were actually right...!)  So tomorrow we'll see how it goes...the only reason I'm showing up?  A partner.  






No comments:

Post a Comment