Thursday, October 20, 2016

When what you knew really is true

The harsh reality of it is this:  I was hoodwinked.

 
Buttermilk.  100% comfort food.

Please note I don't reach for food, no ice cream to soothe this girl.  While whiskey sounds good in theory, the truth of the matter is I'm not a drinker.  Thick, creamy sour buttermilk however?  

Heaven.

 
Kinda like Prescott last Sunday.

So, I got some bad news today.  I was ripped off, and now there's police reports and stuff and a loss.

 
Not quite, but.

While calm for the first few hours (and even making a joke or two) I found myself reliving every bad decision I've made in the past two months, and wondering how anything could have been different.  So many hopes, blossoming new and resurrecting lost dreams....and all for what?

They were like thieves.  Charlatans dangling a precious jewel, only to snatch it away.

 
Fortunately, these did NOT slip from my grasp.  Little things, folks.  Little things!

It's morning, and I feel beat up.  I remember many of the dreams I had last night:  playing on a beach with a little boy, enjoying the sun and surf.  Finding my way through a maze of downtown tunnels, doors and staircases (the downtown being a mixture of Prescott and Adrian, interestingly enough.) Surprisingly, I did not experience the shakes I dreaded and thought would come....and I am challenged to rearrange my weekend plans.  While marketing and business is important, I need a hike.  A long hike.  A soothe the soul and reset hike.

Oh my word.

I'm craving exercise.

 
Not far from where I lived in Michigan, actually.

Excuse me.  I need to grab my minimus shoes.  This rec coordinator needs to do some field research today.

I'll see you on the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment