Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Thinking it Over

I've taken a few days before blogging this...sometimes thought reveals much more depth than an instant reaction.  That and by nature I'm skeptical:)

 
Ride swag.....soooooo loving it!!

Ride Prescott is up and running, but Pilates is still a no go.  Wicked Friday's that see me squeezing in every last bit of daylight into Ride preclude that 10am class, last second details like interviews and background checks take up my evenings after work.  Add to it the disappearance of my parents (they went on an extended month-long vacation) and I realize that for the first time in my adult life I am quite alone.

And I whine about needing a partner.

  
I have kittens.  Wishing they wanted to hike or do Pilates.  They'd be perfect.

This weekend my vehicle broke down (fuel pump) and the only person who could help me was my ex.

 
This photo sums up that relationship about perfectly.

He wasn't happy.  I was reminded how happy I was being divorced.  A definite win/win.

So it's been a year now since it became official...and I own not one, but two new businesses, and I hike every once in awhile.

<Insert photo of grotto here>

Well-that's where it should go, but I freaking forgot to take photos.  Can you believe it?  Exercise and no proof?  Hang on while I go bug my hiking partner on that day....

See?  If I have a partner I go.  Simple.

 
And I also have gorgeous photos if I take a partner, too:)

Anywise...partnership.

What if I don't need one?

With that in mind, I closed several doors this weekend.

 
Eating amazing food was not one of the doors I closed.  Prescott Public House's Smoked BBQ Brisket.  Amazing.

Eating crap food?  I closed it.

 
Lunch the past two days.  The Princess and I prepared four lunches each on Sunday for the week.  Please note the lack of evil salad dressing.

Did I need a partner in this?  Actually, yes.  My daughter.  We are doing it together.  Hmm.

Then the matter of the house having not yet sold.  Closed the door on a few options, and then.... I have this crazy idea, and I shared it with Ronnie, my realtor.

 
Love this man.  He's also my dance teacher:)

So he thinks it might work...and now we are working on it.  Together.  Hmm.

Getting Ride Prescott & Ride Scottsdale up?
 
Only possible due to my partner, Kyle. Who just called with amazing news..!!  Hmm.

So my desire to exercise with a partner?

To have a cheerleader?

Completely understandable.

It's just who I am.

With that in mind, I shut another door.
 
Apparently, there was a ghost by the fireplace when I took this.  Perhaps just a harbinger that there would be no regular partner in my life for a full year?

I'm no longer allowing that relationship (which at this point was only friendship) to dictate anything on my future.

I've also decided Yoda was wrong.

 
Um...trying is part of the learning process.  Lighten up there, will you?  Who knew Yoda was part of the 20%?!

I don't need a partner.  So I'm no longer going to actively pursue what I don't need.

I will, however, TRY to eat healthier (since I am admittedly rarely able to find the time to exercise) and TRY to exercise more often on my own.  We 80%er's? Trying is our first step in doing.  So what if we can't "just do it."

I'm going to try to do it on my own.

 
And look amazing while at it ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment