Thursday, December 15, 2016

Flipping Ridiculous

Ugh.

 
No creamer.

Last week started this way...and while a week ago Monday I had an ephiphany, that evening the world stopped.

It has never been harder being a single mom.

Tuesday threw in some sucker punches-cancelled plans, a $4500 bill, a broken Red Ride (our Prescott cart).

By Wednesday I was struggling.  Even new plans couldn't lift my spirits...I was struggling to just keep my head above water.

Friday night was Acker Night.
 The view from the Elks Opera House balcony...seconds after being told to "F* off" by a former acquaintance.

I think I had a kick me sign on; I bumped into a guy I used to date who quickly looked the other way, the music was all songs I shared lovingly with The King.  The abrupt "greeting" by the grumpy old lady who felt I stole her thunder years ago?  Par for the course.

 Beautiful Prescott.

Not all was lost, however.  I had a random encounter with local celebrity Cody Lundin, known for his stint on Dual Survivor.

 He's the barefoot one on the right.

And I saw this:
 

Yet I felt, very much, like this:

 
Describing it this week, I summed up the last fourteen months of my life as episodes IV & V of Star Wars.  I started this journey with a New Hope, that I could find a life of peace, joy, adventure and love...and here I am, at the end of Empire, missing a hand and Han Solo is in carbonite.

Sigh.

The Force is actually Love, dominated by both the Dark Side and the Good.  Every man I've significantly dated reminds me of a character from the original trilogy, too.

And to think I once adored someone who self identifies as Vader?!  Lol!

Admittedly, assigning alter egos to the men who have come and gone has been highly entertaining...As was a suggestion by the Princess, to check out Flagstaff Extreme's new Adventure Zipline Course.

 
 Did I mention I accidentally dyed my hair pink?  Yeah.

 They made me jump off this.  

 My daughter is wonderfully brave.

It ended up being a workout; I woke up sore the next morning.

And hence....I did not go for a run.

Five weeks in and I broke it.

(Not my hand.  Geez.  Broke the running streak.)

 We bought and decorated a tree instead.

And then the pooch immediately returned.

 
Maybe this found stash has something to do with it?!😳

While a post concussion check up revealed much lower blood pressure in just two weeks (yeah trail running!) the second I stopped running the extra fatty pooch reappeared.

So to hell with salads this week.

 
Fine.

This week, I'm taking a break and meeting with friends in the valley.  The King will be spending much needed time with Manchild and the Princess, so I'm heading south.

To hike.

To run.

To reset.

 This morning.

Lately, every sunrise has been a delight.  A reminder that each day is fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Everyday I'm fixing a few more mistakes.

I think I'm going to make it.

Exercise proved to me this week that it doesn't prevent craziness in our lives...but my lowered blood pressure showed how it positively effected it.  All week I've missed having a run to look back on, an adventure with music and the Air Monster.  It's Christmastine, not the best days to form a new habit.  

But.

Maybe, just maybe, I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment