Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016: Only the Good

No it's not a blank entry.
 
 
Rough year.

A great way to start my exercise in patience is to acknowledge all the good in 2016 that happened BECAUSE of patience.

1.  

Hmmm.  Let's try again.

1.

Ok, apparently I'm not patient?!?

So, that's another fail for 2016...let's list the good that happened in 2016, regardless of patience being involved.

  1. Music.  The year started with the Phoenix Symphony and ended with the Phoenix Symphony.  My appreciation for classical music in all forms shot through the roof in 2016, and I discovered Brahms.  Add in several concerts, live bands and an introduction to several groups new to me; they were all fantastic distractions and an over all blessing.  Add in the correlation between exercise and music that gives me chills...yes.  Music was a huge plus in 2016.
  2. Ride.  I'm starting my own business, and we are still in the black as the year closes!  Ride Prescott & Ride Scottsdale brought me an outlet for creativity and business...it's nice to be back.  Add in my business partner, Kyle, who has been my cheerleader even when I don't deserve cheering!
  3. My House.  A negative it hasn't sold, but what a beautiful home.  I had a year of living there that was pure bonus.  I am blessed.
  4. Prescott.  Oh how I ❤love❤ living in Prescott!  The trails, the downtown, I love it all.
  5. My parents.  They sold their home and moved in to help with my two teenagers.  Help out and never questioned me when I asked.  Got me a car, put up with my bad moods.  Wonderful people and again, I am blessed.
  6. Cuda & Harbaugh.  Ohhhhhhh how I love my kittens.  A shout out to Indie who started it all.
  7. Health.  Despite three concussions and a wicked cold right now, I'm healthy.  Nothing broken.  My kids are healthy.  Praise God.
  8. My children, saved for my favorite number 8.  It's been a tough year, especially for Manchild & the Princess.  All are not only making it, but making well of it.
  9. Michigan Football.  Go Blue!!  A great season and taking my kids home to The Big House.
  10. Flyboy.  Lol, I'd be lost without my BFF and former green beret.  Our friendship and his frank calling out of my nonsense has been a light in much darkness.  Now if only I had not lost the Ohio State bet. 😝
So 2016...it's not been that bad.  I learned a lot, I'm not so naive, and truly, many good things happened.  So what if the list of bad is oh, ten times longer than the good.  Doesn't matter.  Good seeds where planted in 2016.  There can be good crops in 2017...if I am patient, and tend them while they grow.

We shall see:)

No comments:

Post a Comment