Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 It Really Was Asthma

First off, let me say that I am officially done being desperate.

Allergic reaction?  Check.  BEING ABLE TO BREATHE?  CHECK!!

All my life, ever since I could remember, my throat felt tight when exercising.  Always.  Going up stairs?  Out of breath.  Running in gym?  Out of breath.

Surely, I'm just out of shape, right?

Wrong.  Whether it was exercise induced asthma or just mild undiagnosised asthma, I had asthma.

Today, I ran a mile, on a rocky trail, up and down, without stopping.

Then a ran another.

And had a legit asthma attack.😂😂😂

I cannot stop smiling-as I used my inhaler and could instantly breathe.

No gulping down a bottle of water, desperate to open my throat as I have done since college.  No anger at how out of shape I was.

 I wasn't out of shape.  I was just focusing on the wrong thing.  Kinda like how the Buckeyes *thought* they were good...😂🤣

My very toned legs, despite a few extra pounds, attests to the fact I've never stopped questing, never stopped searching for a way to get fit.

Today I'm in Phoenix, after an interestingly fun weekend.  I went to the Fiesta Bowl with Buckeyes, and the Buckeyes lost.

 Me desperately trying NOT to laugh...

While it was awesome hanging out with Flyboy and his son, I suffered a severe allergic reaction to a new skin care product.

Which I was contemplating selling.
Um...no.  I don't think so.

The reaction did something wonderful for me:  it shut a door.

All around me...in just the opening hours of 2017, doors are shutting.  And doors are opening.

There is a fire in my belly for Ride.

Last night I hung out with an aspiring entrepreneur; who wants to change the world.  While not rural entrepreneurship, I was able to guide a little bit...I say a little bit as I made more realizations about my own business than I ever have before.  I've said for awhile January was make or break...and it's more than that.  It's time to just start moving.  My breakthrough today running came because I never stopped seeking, never stopped moving.  It was up to me alone to figure it out-and I did.  Sure people have given me tips and pointers-but in the end, I had to connect the dots and move.

I'm not chasing, and I'm not waiting.  I'll be patient when the situation calls for it, but in so much...I don't have to wait.  I simply have to plan...and then do.
 Time to head back😊

Patience has a purpose...and in one area of my life I am very content to be patient.  In most others?  It's the Now that matters.  

I'm being to see the difference....that's wisdom, I suppose.

Glad I'm beginning to understand that difference; it's  helping me be the best I can be.

Thanks for making me think. 😘


No comments:

Post a Comment