Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Return

I've quietly been exercising.

 
Dirty dishes are surprisingly motivating.

It's been over two months since I blogged, the number one reason being the deletion of the Blogger app on iPhone in April.  Without the instant accessibility of my iPhone to write with, I was bereft.

 
I've had too many lately...

So to bring you, my loyal reader, up to speed, a recap:

When I last left you, I was unemployed in Greenland.

 
Teehee!!  Anybody want a peanut??

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I crack myself up.

Anywise!!  I was unemployed, and hiking semi-regularly with Ian, the closing on my house had fallen through and I was quietly working on Far From Folsom, although that wasn't mentioned in the blog, as that was quiet.

 
Proof I was there.  

Since that post in April, I have experienced the following, in a somewhat chronological order:
  • The 20th anniversary of my late husband's death, which hit me rather unexpectedly like a ton of bricks
  • The dismissal of my help on a volunteer project
  • Federal Jury Duty
  • Ten days back Home in SW Michigan/NE Ohio
  • The death of my late husband's father, and once again being Gary's widow
  • The birth of my new business, Ride Prescott
  • Finding the best business partner ever by swiping rightπŸ˜œπŸ˜‚
  • Finally landing a great new job
  • The crazy days of the final push to open Folsom and the very successful marketing campaign I helped to create
  • Finally embracing "dating"
  • Discovering I'm truly happy for the first time in ages 
  • Restarting classical Pilates 
Pilates.

I've returned.

Oh, it's with reluctance and excitement I've done so.  God bless Lucille Noggle, my beloved instructor who I trust to stop before I give out.  Once again, she calls me cooked seconds before I'm ready to give up.  Once again, it is accountability to her that keeps me coming in twice a week, now three weeks completely in.

And I can feel my abs.

And I'm stronger.

 I still mouse with my left hand, but my right hand is finally fully healed.

There's no pictures of me exercising--I wasn't doing this for a blog.  I'm not even doing it for me--I'm doing it as its part of a bigger plan (with 4.5 phases right now) that I am driven to see work.  No longer am I dreaming, I am doing.

 
Working on it...

Sure, there's bumps.  Pink eye was a huge bump this week.  But there's new joys, too.

 
My parents & children were my first riders.

 And new hair color, too.....πŸ˜‡

As I feel my body change, I'm motivated to get off the 7lbs that I allowed to creep on.  There's this dress I want to wear to the opening of Folsom, and I'm determined to get it off.  Thankfully, I have my business partner for accountability...

 
Best.  Partner.  Ever.
(and yes, I persevered.)

So.....new job.  New business.  New friends.

Kimberly!  You should have been in this photo!

Right before I started my new job, I took the Manchild and the Youngest Daughter to Flagstaff Extreme. 

 
Black course.  Third black band achieved.

While on the course I discovered that continual forward motion ALWAYS gave me the best footing, the best progress and the best success on every obstacle.

Fitness Quest:  my life blew up, but I kept moving forward.

I'm happier now.

I look forward and move towards what can be.

Keeping it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment