Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Master Plans

One of the many blessings in my life is the unquenchable desire to learn.

 
I've recently learned that hair like fire suits me wonderfully:) 

At work, that translates into me seeking to do more:  in this case, grant writing. 

 
Of course I added bridges...it would be visually stunning.

Health & wellness, the impact of trails in a community, bicycling and walking have moved up on my priority list.  I find myself applying the 80/20 principle to the data and continually see stunning regularity in the results.  With this in mind, I am challenged to create a proposal not from the perspective of the 20% elite, but rather the 80% who would supposedly benefit.

It's a lot harder than you'd think.

 
Meet Harbaugh & Cuda, the latest additions to the family.

These two silly kittens continually make me smile.  Their antics delight me, and I have no clue what mischief their curiousity will bring them to next.

Kinda like work.

Curiousity of the world of grants has not necessarily brought out the best in me.  I am somewhat appalled by the elitist call to conformity that so many bow and scrape to....all to gain that almighty free dollar.  

Free dollar.  Much of it actually the hard earned taxes of the American worker.

 
Hard work:  these flowers brought no wealth to the worker, but instead pride, scent & beauty, which was then freely shared with others.

So when I heard about plans for a Year of Healthy Communities?

Sigh.

Mischief.

 
I have an eye infection I'm really hoping my boss doesn't pick up on...too much to do!

I'm toying with calling out the 20%.

Across the board.

The exercise freaks, the cultural elite and the nerds.  The health nuts, the free spirits and the entitled.

 
If this a rebellion, I rebel.

Conformity?  Just to win a grant?

Can't do it.

There's a fire in my belly.

Maybe it started with my hair :)



No comments:

Post a Comment