Monday, September 5, 2016

Missing my abs

Kyle, who is adorable and the best business partner ever, does not mince words when I ask him questions.

 
He's notorious for pointing out what I need to do.

So when I moaned and complained all weekend about my abs, he was ready with the truth I needed to hear.

"You stopped doing Pilates," he said.

Ugh.

The past week I've been upset about this sudden pooch.  I hadn't gained any weight, everything fits but poof!  There it is.  A pooch.

 
This is Cuda.  Sitting under the pooch.  We get her this week!

Exercise. 

I've been so stressed with Ride launching I've not had time to exercise, nevertheless actually exercise.  My children claim I'm not around as is, and now I'm supposed to add something in?!?

 
They used to love me!

So today I'm on cloud nine, as our soft launch made me happy.  Kyle, maybe not so much, but it went as I suspected.  We have a timeline and a plan for our grand opening October 1st (which hopefully involves golf carts being raced!!) and I'm feeling really good.

 
Saucy.  Sassy.

Did I mention I'll have flaming hair soon?

Exciting!!

But I digress.  I'm supposed to be exercising?!

 
Yesterday's rant on Fitness Quest...

I don't hate exercise.  Well, loathe maybe....

I just find it flipping amazing that talking about it positively put me in the mood.  While talks of hikes has been mentioned lately, and a sudden pooch has appeared, I feel no need to "just do it."

If only I had been born in that 20%!!

 It's like exercise is a large elk haunting me...

I now have SMART goals for Ride:

 
And they are all based on two things:  the opening and the Princess graduating:)

Should I have SMART goals for exercise?  I'd like to announce they don't work but I know they could.

 
Ok, I need her gown and cloak.  I also need her to explain why exercise wasn't necessary up until 100 years ago (much like breakfast) and how we aren't evolved enough to crave it unless we are of warrior blood (I am clearly not) and it's really ok to be part of the human race designed to survive famine and disease.

Really.

You know, you wouldn't see a pooch in that dress.

Pilates.  I must return.  I must get back on track, especially with Ride in launch.  It's just...

 
I have rocks in my yard I didn't know about:). Squirrel!

It's just...

I know it's the right thing to do.  I know I'm capable of doing it.  

I just want a cheerleader.

 
My Ride Prescott cheerleader and I.  It's not fun, I cry too much, but we are go for launch October 1st because he never stopped cheering me on.

While I know I can do it myself, I'm simply aching for a partner.  A reason to show up.

From now on, my abs need to be my partner.  They've gone missing, and apparently I can find them at Sol Pilates Studio twice a week.

Or in a five song workout.

My SMART goal?

Just to show up.

You 20% have no idea.

 
SMART:  SMART is an acronym that represents a framework for creating effective goals. It stands for five qualities your goals should have. They should be specific (get abs back)  measurable (abs reappear) achievable (ugggghhhh) relevant (I hate the pooch) and time-bound (really?!?  There's no dress this time!!!!  But there is an opening.  Hmmmm.). The SMART method is one of the most popular and effective tools for creating realistic and achievable goals. You might be at the helm of a 300-person organization or you might be a small business entrepreneur. Or, you might be somebody who simply wants to shed 20 pounds. Regardless, learning how to set SMART goals can improve your chances of success.

What if I want to wear a certain dress to MY grand opening?

Fitness quest.  Keeping it real 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment