Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Temporary Perceptions

He saw it, and I did not.

 Rocks, right?

The tell-tale tire track snaked straight towards the outcropping, and my former-mountain-bike-racer-turned-hiking-partner pointed out the perfect approach.

Intrigued, I clambered up the boulders, only to be horrified at the steep drop off the other side.

 Showing off the "easy" descent to my discombobulated shadow.

"It's really only a drop of this much" claimed the Sheriff, holding his hands 8" apart.  "Your front tire only has a short drop, but your tendency is to look to your sides and see that drop."  I laughed, knowing it had to be over 8' and commenting that his 8" was still too much for me to handle.  In his perspective, it was not.

This hike on the Constellation was my first since I blogged about it last fall; immediately I was taken with the desire to run it.  The easy elevation change and the rock studded terrain distracted me from my sudden inability to find trails...it seemed different somehow.

Ugh.  Can someone just feed me and tell me exactly when to exercise so I can lose some weight?  

It used to be emotionally hard to hike this trail, when I could see work and dreaded it.  When I first hiked it I couldn't even breathe.  Not so now.

Now I'm itching to run it.

 No one told me it was addicting!


One of my favorite reasons to hike Constellation is the possibility of finding pieces of airplane wreckage from a 1959 crash.

We did amazingly well!!

I call it a treasure hunt.  Others call it disturbing a gravesite (please note, while five airmen died, they were buried elsewhere.)

The zipper pull from??

In my perspective - a fabulous fun adventure.  It's even free...and to find a piece with writing on it?  Priceless.

All items found are thrown in a heap-it's an amazing site--for me.  Others are disturbed by it.  Again, perspective.

Tonight I attend a special Olympics basketball game.

It was tremendous fun:)

Normally, I'm not a basketball fan.  My memories of playing the game are full of derision and scorn; I was not coordinated and despite my height, lacked any skill to actually play.  Tonight I marveled at how everyone got to play, and seemed to have true fun.  Yeah, they got yelled at for throwing elbows and the like, but it didn't appear anyone was getting picked on like I used to.

 Been there.  Like the majority of my school years.

I'm very happy as of late; my business opens soon and while there's still much to do it's my company.  This means the 50+ hours a week I work are as nothing...because I'm turning my idea and dream into a reality.

 I love the reflection of my feet:)

So my perspective on life, while always positive in general, has changed.

I get to do what I love, to benefit those I love.

I can think of no better thing.


 
 



 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment