Tuesday, February 21, 2017

When it Works

Gotta bang this out now, not later.

 You know when you start and immediately see a heart it's good.

My inability to breath as of late has left me very frustrated.  So again, I'm trying.

 Thankfully it's spring in the valley.

My unexpected delay in leaving meant time for a radio interview for Ride this morning and a run...or an attempt at a run.  I recalled long ago the King telling me about "cruising altitude" at about 20 minutes in.  So, I hiked for 20 minutes.  I was mildly breathless.

At the end of 20 I took a puff off the inhaler....and started to run.

I fell immediately.

 On rocks:)

I was ecstatic.

Why I love having a fall after the fact is so ludicrous- but I do.  My arm is stinging, my left adductor is pulled and I took a hard poke to the left ball of my foot.

I'm so stinking pleased.

I'm sitting in the picnic shelter, swinging my legs and thinking how I should go golf as clearly it's my day for a hole in one.

My feet don't touch!  Teehee!

After the fall, I laughed.  I had forgotten the golden rule of trail running:  pick up your feet. 

I was able to run the next two miles.

 Gleeful.  Ridiculous and gleeful.

 My cool resting spot:)

Lots is swirling around me...many things I hope go my way.  Some I have control of.  Some I do not.

Soooo...

I'm gonna just focus on what I can control.  I can't control others, nor would I wish to.  I'm going to figure out me.

 This was an accidental selfie.  Kinda cool, isn't it?

So I'm heading north to Prescott.

 And I'm so happy.

I actually feel better after exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment