Saturday, March 4, 2017

Brand New and Broken

At least the first part of the day went well.

 My beloved rocks.

My run, while not entirely successful, did make me sweat.  It also produced two asthma attacks.  I have no clue how this is to be brought under control, but I'm determined to figure it out.

 The west side of 51 adjacent to Dreamy Draw.  This is the Phoenix Mountain Preserve.

Some say it's the pollution in the valley.  Or the altitude in the highlands.  All I know is breathing is not very predictable...and that I truly want to run.

 This soooooooo inspires me!  I want to run up it and down it!

During the first attack my mind said I was simply out of shape.  This despite the fact my legs felt great and my pulse was a steady lower beat than expected.

 I mean seriously.  Trail 100 just kicks butt.  I need to bring my bike down here:)

After thirty minutes I could finally breathe and ran a mile.  I knew I had more in me but had to stop; lunch was calling (I was looking forward to seeing the Buckeye.  Can you believe it? Me, a Wolverine?!?) and I've learned that pushing is not always in my best interest.  But oh, how I wanted to run.

 The rocks!!

 That's a wash;)

 The run behind me was perfect.

Wanting desperately to do something that's good for you, and then being denied it because of limitations you can't control is so frustrating.  I'm not giving up because I know how good it can be when it works.

Haha-kinda like dating.😳. Let's just leave that one right there.😉😜😊

 Actually had my age guessed as 29 last night.  Yes, it was dark.  Yes, the person was drunk.  

Why was I out last night at 1am?

 Driving home.  I don't think I look 29.  I think I was pregnant the entire time I was 29, actually.

Because a golf cart died at the W.  I pushed it to a parking garage across the street.  She's brand new, and broken.  Again.

 
Cherry Bomb 🍒 has had a very rough start.

Apparently, it's her battery.  Another driver told me "the ones they come with never last more than 10hrs."

Mental note taken at 12:47am - new policy to replace every battery in every new cart at time of purchase.

Cherry Bomb has had an ill-adjusted accelerator cable, causing backfires and stalls, a broken belt that destroyed the fuel pump and now a dead battery.  I hope that's all it is.  Her list of struggles has had me on the phone and my stomach producing extra acid.

Kinda like me trying to learn trail running.  It really shouldn't be this hard.

 
We see challenges differently.

Bad luck. I don't believe I'm cursed, I just think sometimes things happen.  It's just something to solve, not to read into.  It's no one's fault.  It just is.

Poor Cherry Bomb and I have quite the record; multiple breakdowns for no apparent reason.  Mine all lung related, hers all engine related.  Every fix seems great until we break down again.

 I don't have time for tears anymore😠

So what if it's taking time to work out all the kinks.  So what if it's taking more of an investment than I initially thought.  If I want these things (a smooth running business and the ability to trail run) I have to be patient and roll with the punches.

And be a bit more proactive.

If so, then I'm clearly victorious...

Off to fix the carts, then go for a run and hopefully hit up a Farmer's Market.  Because I can take what I wished for and still make it work when it's seemingly broken.

Again😜 

No comments:

Post a Comment