Sunday, March 26, 2017

Undeniable Weight

Standing waist deep in the gulf, rake in one hand and shark's teeth in the other, I was so very happy.

 My very, very happy place.

My friend Kelly had introduced me to shark tooth hunting in the fall of 2009; let's just say the addiction is real.

Treasure!!!

Rarely in life has anything so simple given me so much joy.  It was the first time my two youngest children joined me; thankfully they enjoyed the beach (seeing as it's on the agenda the next two days as well, they'd best!)

 
Manchild & the Princess.

This trip has delighted me in so many ways; first and foremost, however, is the new maturity I see in Manchild.  He's going on 17, and not keen on his mom and sister's daily plans.  While sullen at first, he consistently gives in...and the smile always ends up on his face.  The Princess is salty at times, but in her, too I am seeing a new maturity I hadn't seen before.  

 
 Neither wanted to stop.  Both loved it.  I loved it so much, I want to put Ride there. #ridematlacha

This trip my only exercise has been one ten minute swim, a day walking Disney, a 1/2 mile run at Disney, and an hour in the gulf yesterday.

I've been spoiled by Mum, and have only kinda watched what I've eaten since then.  My stomach is driving me crazy, as I've never carried weight there-ever.

Let's revisit that earlier gulf photo, shall we?

 
Truth.

It's not at all attractive.

 The day before, simply standing up straight.

Being a tall girl, I've slouched my entire life.  Never before has it been so hideously apparent that it's a problem.  But the real problem?  It's hard to push the pelvis forward when there's so much extra weight on the backside.  My stomach is pooched out due to it, and there's no denying the extra roundness in my face.

 Lol-I smiled a lot on this trip but my hair!!!  So many issues:)

This is a fitness blog.  I'm trying to stay fit.  My grandmother had a stroke at age 62, and was paralyzed and in a wheelchair unable to speak for 20 years.  My desire is to be healthy so I can go and do anything I want for as long as I want.

Because adventure.

 
The weight has to go.

And I'm utterly flummoxed.

The Knight's sister and I, enjoying my Florida Ride.  I see a lot of extra weight.

This is a dangerous season for me-when I go home, I'll be in sundresses.  I don't use a scale as a check, I use clothes.

Did I mention I bought a pair of size 10 jeans?

 
 Yeah, I know.  I broke my 21 year old rule.  Never by the next size up.

As a wonderful, relaxing vacation comes to a close, I am ever mindful of the busyness of the days ahead.  Just two months ago, I was stressed and unhappy; that first trip to Florida changed my life for the better.  I came home, quit my job, recharged Ride, moved to the valley (possibly permanently?), let go of relationships that weren't healthy and began building a new life.  Right before I left I began to feel the strain of the constant go, now each day here I'm feeling more and more confident about my return.

Except this.

 Weight and swing both need improvement:)

So I'm tackling life with much gusto when I get home: exercise is to be a priority, along with making better food choices.

Time to rock n roll:)

No comments:

Post a Comment