Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I don't want to

I don't want to exercise today.

 Nope.  Not in the mood.

It's not convenient.  At all.

It's been a week?!? since I last ran.  Oh, I've worn workout clothes, and twice *thought* it would happen.

It didn't.  So, third times a charm, right?

Nope.

 Hey...does this mean we don't have to exercise today?!?

Actually, this is me:

 #notmyprotest

I'm actually rather irritated by the whole Woman's Day and the protest.  Really?!? First off, my birthday celebrates Me.  If I want to celebrate another woman, I can do it on her birthday.  No other date necessary.  Bad enough you all throw in Mother's Day (hate it) but now this?!?  Just no.

(Yes, I hate Mother's Day.  Call me a communist but I despise it.  Why?  On my first Mother's Day, I woke up and looked at my beautiful dark-haired four month old daughter in the cradle by my bed.  Her daddy was dead, less than a few weeks before.  No one was there to celebrate my new motherhood with me...those first years are all about your spouse.  Then I remarry and the King never helped the kids celebrate it.  So I'm over it.  It causes more pain, for more women, then any good!  The motherless, and the barren childless may also loathe the day...but as a newly widowed mum?  It's the only hang up I carry from those days.)

So I'm to show my worth by not showing up, eh?  What an example that is.

And I'm so tempted to follow it by not exercising.

Afterall, you're not allowed to body shame me, right?

 I dare you.  Body shame me:)

I need a good hike.  Badly.

I also need to get this work done.

I also need to show up for both.

Ugh.

I hate exercise.

The end.

*recanting post may/or may not follow.

Fine. 

 I went.

I showed up.  In the apartment parking lot, and I even wore "running shoes."


Brooks Glycerin 13

"Updated with improved overlays and a dynamic saddle in the upper, Brooks' Glycerin 13 running shoes continue to be a cushioned choice that's ideal for daily use and high-mileage training. The full-length Super BioMoGo DNA midsole offers added cushioning and a stable ride, and the rounded heel encourages smooth transitions."

Oh.  My.

Why would you run on a mattress?!??

So I'm running on concrete.  Asphalt.  Hard stuff.  I wear the "correct shoes.""

And nearly trip walking down the stairs.

They're grippy.

And springingy.

I can feel stress in my knees almost immediately.  So I start experimenting with stride, and find a mildly comfortable one.

 
See the crazy arch?  That's my normal stabilizer when running in minimus.

Now I'm sweaty and out of breath but at least I did something.

And that's better than nothing.

I didn't want to, but I did it.  I don't feel better, but it's ok.

I still did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment