Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Reset or Renege?

I'm away:)

 Rather comfortably so, I might add.

Spring Break last year year was terrible; the Princess, Manchild and I were all terribly sick.  A Facebook "on this day" status yesterday I read with sad rememberance-all I had wanted was a little fun.  Instead, manchild had to go to the ship's doctor with a 103° fever and we all a spent most of our cruise sick in our individual bunk beds.

So this year, when I knew I needed to return to Florida for Ride, I brought my two youngest along.  We started in Vegas, as I had found dirt cheap flights (a red eye out and a 6am return...😳) and it's only an hour further than Phoenix.  The kids hadn't been to Vegas since they were 9 & 11...when we drove them straight to the Bellagio, parked them in front of the window so they could watch the fountains, took them to Tournament of Kings and that's it.  This time?

 
It was a very fun day:)

Now we are the Knight's mum's house, and Mum is spoiling us with good country cooking, an abundance of things to do and just time to decompress.

I don't seem to be quite decompressing as I should be; I am always aware of Ride and checking in.  I'm also aching for a hike.

But there are no mountains in Florida.  

Swimming?  I love it!  But it's just a wee too cold.

 
Necessitating the wearing of a jacket 😎

 This is also rather tempting to pour over (I intend to leave the sky portion for my brother in law who arrives a week after we leave😈)

 
What can I say?  It's rained a lot!!

Tonight we all played cards and board games as a family; the goofy laughter and spontaneous singing of "The Victors" highlighting the levity of the trip.  Yesterday Michigan basketball beat Wisconsin for the Big Ten Tourney championship; it's been a great time being a Wolverine.

So while I haven't exercised other than a brief swim on day one, I have spent wonderful time with my kids.  And while work does draw me in, it's pretty much in the periphery. 

Is this reneging on my quest?

I think it may just be keeping it real.


No comments:

Post a Comment