Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Prayers & Changes

It occurs to me that if my SEO's and tags were more thoughtful, I'd have a higher readership.

 Hm.  Something more to consider.

The last four weeks, I've made some attempts at significant changes.  In no particular order, here they are:
  1. Cutting out fast food (including my beloved Dutch Bros white annihilator.)
  2. Exercising more
  3. Attending church
  4. Patience 
My jeans do not fit.

Still.

 
Ok, a ten day Florida vacation with Dole Whips may contribute to that....

In honesty, I didn't exercise while on vacation, and while not eating fast food, I did eat plenty.

The fact is, though, at home?  Before and after vacation, I'm doing more, and eating less.

And while on vacation, I still went to church, and practiced patience.

Ohhhhhhhh patience.

I actually heard myself say it on Friday night. 

"If anything you're teaching me patience."

I was wearing this on Friday night. (Yes, the fat lady has sung and hell has frozen over.  And least you think those jeans fit, they are the size bigger I bought and I'm sucking in my stomach something fierce;)

Patience with people, patience with changes.  Patience waiting for others to complete their tasks so I can complete mine.

Patience with myself as I attempt to develop habits.

 
 I've been kinda pissy with myself in my attempts.

My first run after I got back?

 I was more concerned with memories.

You see, I'm a historian.  We remember EVERYTHING.  

Ok, fine.  Maybe not bits of Thursday but whatever😜

When I go somewhere to exercise, I often think of the memories I have there.  So having a significant sit down conversation with someone while on Dreamy Draw?  

 Like right here?

I always think of it when I run/hike by.

 Behind Watson?

So many memories, with so many different people.

Being patient with people is sometimes hard when you have memories bombarding you when you simply try to go exercise.

That and I'm trying to be patient with my lungs.

 
Grandcat Thor was helping me exercise.

So I've added HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) to my routine.

I noted in rereading old blogs my lungs did adapt to increased exercise - but I was doing at least three times a week workouts at the time.

Is there a correlation?

Thus far, I think there may be.  While I did grab a second puff on my inhaler yesterday morning, that was more because Ian was (as usual) 40 paces ahead.

 Hiking with my original quest hiking partner.  I swear I will never be able to keep up with his pace!

What was significant, though, was I was able to hold a conversation, almost keep up and I was at elevation for the first time in a month and was doing good on air for the most part.

Then there's my calves.

Ugh.

 Me, about to bail on Piestewa.  Soooooo not happy.

Oh, I could breathe.  I didn't need the inhaler.  My calves, however, were so badly cramping I could not continue up to the summit.

So I headed down a different trail, and that was a mistake.  A HUGE mistake.  Suddenly I had farther to go, and more to climb.  My solution?  Following a wash to a neighborhood and cutting the hike short.  Why I tried to cram in the hike I don't even know-my legs clearly were calling for rest.

Ugh.

 
The best part of my hike was eating an orange at the end.  My children think I look like Squidword.

Lots of changes, lots of choices.  Praying I can stick to the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment