Sunday, August 7, 2016

And then...

Tomorrow I shall be 45.

There's no way to make an 8 out of it (44 is obviously 4+4=8, like that did me any good at all!)

Ride Prescott is gearing up to launch, with the acquisition of our third cart:

 
I've been assured by a PhD in cultural anthropology that calling this cart Honky is completely acceptable.

Unfortunately, purchasing this vehicle, and bringing up Greenie meant I missed a week of Pilates.

Then I missed another week of Pilates.

I have no hope of returning right now - I've had another concussion, and I'm honestly overwhelmed.

 
Don't they look new?  Everyone thinks they are!  We scrubbed them good to get them this way!

The crazy up and downs of a business launch: simple things getting complicated, people helping (or not helping) and the misunderstandings that arise....fold in rejection, my number one life-long enemy and you have an unstable mix.  Add to it another concussion...?!

 
Technically, it wasn't Indie's fault.

The concussion was caused by me missing the fact the lower closet rod bar had a wooden support, and in looking for the kitten Indie (who belongs to a friend, I'm merely kitten-sitting) I walloped my head good and hard on it.  Given the fact I had a mild concussion two months ago and you have a girl who used her five days off for her birthday to do nothing but clean and heal.

And time travel.

 
My alter ego, Cordelia Kirk, steampunk time traveler and co-presenter at the Western History Symposium with Dr. Jay Cravath.

Exercise?

Bah.  Cleaning and scrubbing will have to do for now.

Bike rides?

I wish.

I'm missing my exercise partners.

 
My feet are tired.

So.  It's almost my birthday.  I'm officially old tomorrow, but I am again reminded:  the best is yet to be.

I think I need to make it so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment