Saturday, July 11, 2015

2:37am....

I woke up at 2:37am, and made the mistake of checking the time.

My body decided to stay awake from that point on; a decision that was in no way mutual.

By 3:17am I had given up on sleep and was texting friends on eastern time zone.



At 6am I left for a hike with two college pals here for a visit, April & Steve.

Please note I'm smiling:)

We did Thumb Butte...
...of course, and Granite Gardens.

21 years together...they met in college at Cedar Point.

The Grotto, because hiking in the west is AWESOME.

Today would have been George Phippen's 100th birthday; I served up over 100 pieces of cake on less than 4 hours of sleep and two hikes already taken
One was white, one was chocolate.

Tonight I was supposed to go to a birthday party...but with celebrating George's 100th two days in a row, I'm tired.

Although a night of dancing would be amazing.  I miss it.

It destresses me.

Hiking today, I was reminded how much I need to be on the trail.  I was so thankful for the fellowship of old friends and the joy of sharing the town I love (yes, they went to Nastee Dogs for lunch.)

Dinner tonight was ready right after I got home, courtesy of Lad and the King.

Scrumptious.

Now to stay awake until it's time to sleep, right?

Fitness Quest:  my feet are killing me, but heavy whipping cream can soothe the weary soul!




No comments:

Post a Comment