Friday, July 24, 2015

The Casting Call

Oh, that this was about theater!

Antoine & Maria.  I often listen to this soundtrack on my iPhone.

I sincerely wish I had done theater in high school; I tried out for one play, didn't get a part.  Never had the courage to try again.

Why did I give up so easily on something I loved?

Better yet, why haven't I pursued it since?

It's not like it's a hard knocks life!?

The truth of the matter is I have found motivational public speaking to be the performance I love to give.  I'd rather inspire with a keynote than a role written by another.  In the fitness quest I've learned I exercise best with one other person-one hiking partner, or one to one instruction.  I don't want to be part of a cast of characters.  I prefer to work with just one other person.

I always "needed improvement" in that area....

So hiking this week was nice...back on Constellation with Chris in the lead so he could gauge his injury.

From the Hulley Gulley.

Quite obviously not mine:)

But the day quickly went sour.

Dang it.

It wasn't healing this time.

Needless to say, I'm not happy.

With fingers squished 24/7 I am focusing hard on not going mad.

So I'm sleeping outside...

Talking a lot to my Indian...

And focusing on the break finally being mended...right?

I'd rather focus on conquering :)

The Casting Call.

Called to take on and conquer, I'd say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment