Friday, July 10, 2015

A Good Review

Today is my first "big" event at my new job.  I use quotes because a head count of 63 is actually small, but it's my first event I did the majority of work for.

This was a little tiny boxed lunch event promo pic.  Tonight is a sit down plated dinner.

I *love* my job.  As a collector of western art for 19 years who began collecting at the Phippen Western Art Show, and now is in charge of said show...yeah.  Absolutely LOVE it!  

The lower gallery events area, currently hung with the early works of George Phippen.

While starting to really feel at home at the Phippen, at home things are changing quickly.  Youngest daughter Parry, newly 13, is about to be minted the youngest solo flyer in the family.

She's headed to Washington state, then Idaho and Montana, followed by a completely on her own flight to Michigan with a plane change in Denver.

I am bursting with pride that she's a fly girl like her mama, and only slightly concerned about her changing planes by herself.  After all, it IS my baby.  That said, it's BECAUSE she's my baby she's flown through Denver before, and knows how to change planes.  Her number one concern is stopping to eat!  Lol!

One daughter sells her horse, and is in love for the first time.  My son is closing in on 6' 3".  My baby is changing planes by herself in Denver at age 13.

I love this age.

But then, I always love whatever ages they are, right now, at this very moment.

My two youngest, cooking together without fighting.  Will wonders ever cease?

Then there is this:
Heartbroken.

While enjoying so much, there's so much about the future that is up in the air.

I want to go to the Straits.
My refuge.

I never thought I'd need to go back to Michigan...of course, it's unlikely I'll get up to Mackinac. 

So one must try all the harder to get there, I suppose.

After all, by then-I should have full use of my hand.  Maybe I'll find my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment