Monday, July 27, 2015

Steampunking a cast...and other assorted Madness

Initially, my cast had me in near tears.

It was too scrunched.

I took tin snips to it twice, and had long, thoughtful pauses at the tool box at work.

When I thought I'd go mad after afternoon swelling set it, I'd go see Grandfather.

Technically, not Grandfather, but "Look of Long Years" by (sigh!!) Howard Terpning.

I do LOVE working in a western art museum.

Finally, after a sleepless night which found me on the balcony, I texted the dear doctor.  He agreed to recast.



Oh, I definitely did a happy dance!

So the new cast was blue like the last one, and by now I had convinced the King to bring the mattress outside.
Ahhhh...coffee and a view of our hot tub?!

So while Wei Tai is a lovely distraction, at least I'm not needing art to calm me and keep me from cutting off a cast.

That's progress.

Then the idea hit-why not steampunk the cast?  It's blue and rough-why not wrap it in leather?

I love my leather cast!

As for decorating....!!!!!

Feathers and lacings on Sunday.

Post apocalyptic princess yesterday.

I'm finding some outlet for the madness of a still-not-healed-thirteen-weeks-later hand.

At times I just want to explode; the frustration is so intense.  I've been advised  not to make any long term decisions until after it heals.

But what if it doesn't?

You'll note the cool hair.  At least I can control that.




No comments:

Post a Comment