Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My Daddy is 76 today!

Me and my dad, 43 1/2 years ago.

It is from him I have my love of airplanes.

Age five-ish.  I loved to do touch and go's.

As the oldest daughter of a man with no sons, I inherited his love of the space race, sci-if and great stereo systems.

Flying in a B-17 with my late sister, Jenny.

With Lad on the same flight, eight years ago.  

We really love airplanes...

Dad was even with me when I fell instantly in love with this Lancaster.

Last year at Prescott's airport.

Thank you, Dad, for introducing me to the love of flight.  I thoroughly enjoyed my years as a road warrior and still love O'Hare just for the Admiral's Club views of the runways.

As for me, today I was apparently tired on our morning hike up thumb butte...

What's funny is all the way up it was the opposite...!

I've been a world-class pouter since I was three.

So how's the hand?

Mildly irritated from typing, thanks for asking.

We went over to my parents later tonight to  have blue cupcakes and sing happy birthday.  It was a good day.

So happy birthday, Daddy!  I love you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment