Friday, July 17, 2015

Healing Time

I'm sorry, but it's (partly) about the hand.

My nose looks big in this picture, don't you think?  😜

As you can see, it's not discolored.  But it hurts.  It's sore, and typing today will likely aggravate it more.

Then there's the damned lingering effects of the head injury that started the fitness quest.

Being limited to hiking is an easy thing (who's going to complain about NOT exercising) but this week's hikes being strolls...

Mine.

Also mine.

...turns out strolling was pretty nice.  I didn't work up a sweat, so I could change and head straight to work.

Jenny's dress.  I received so many compliments on it and even had a dirty old man pinch me.

Today & tomorrow I can go in until 9 (I don't have keys yet, you know, the mandatory probation period) so I'm reflecting.

Can I get to level four before work?

In all honesty, I'm reflecting on how discouraging a long term injury can be.  The concussion, topped off with a broken dominant hand...some things are starting to give.

Perhaps I need to slow down to a stroll?

I prefer full-throttle...

...Or more!

Slow=boredom

Boredom=the enemy

Sigh.

I wish I had a time machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment