Wednesday, June 3, 2015

An Amazing Day

Not a lick of exercise was done today.

None.

Nada.

It's time to buzz the tower....

Many moons ago, I visited the Lenawee County Historical Museum, housed in the Carnegie Library of my youth.

 I so love this place.

Many happy days were spent visiting, and years were spent as its volunteer registrar.  My love of museums stems from this building, and it's collection.  I was a nanny to the curator's son; their home was filled with historical objects, books and tons of art.

 
Karen & Charles Lindquist-the reason my dishes are made in Texas, books are everywhere and art covers my walls.

When we moved to Arizona, I immediately took up a volunteer position at Sharlot Hall Museum; happily ensconced with the collection in the basement.

My favorite place in all of Prescott.

My art collection, while quite modest and mostly comprised of local art from my travels, does include six original paintings, two dozen pieces of Native American pottery and numerous limited edition prints.  Most of my collection is Western, with a smattering of Midwestern  I amassed right before I left Michigan.

My most recent acquisition:  Prescott, (obviously) original oil by hiking partner Ian.

My love of museums also sees me acting as curator for the memorial items left in honor of the Granite Mountain 19 and housed by the Prescott Fire Department.

20 lbs ago!

So today, when I was hired by the Phippen Western Art Museum as program coordinator-my joy was profound.

As was my joy in the perfect dirty chai Taylor made me at Shannon's.

22 years since I graduated from college with the intent of working in a museum.

I finally did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment