Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Wild Hussey - It has begun!

Back Story:  The Wild Hussey
So unlike Katie I have not been diagnosed as crazy despite what my friends will tell you.  However, my continued quest for balance in life has lead me to a crossroads.  I feel like the four pillars of my life Work, Health, Faith, and Family are pulling and at some point one of the connections is bound to break.

  So, having to be a single parent, business owner, and provider I sacrificed (didn’t care about) my health.  Fast forward 15 years from my Navy days and well I’ve let a few things get out of hand.  Now before anybody gets all bent out of shape I am happy with my life, love my kids, and enjoy my business.  I am not depressed and feel that I am a horrible individual because I have let my health fall to the wayside and no I am not under doctors’ orders to get my health in order (probably because I don’t go to Doctors) but I have realized that it has begun to put my life out of balance.

Now, because I do have a crazy friend and she has introduced me to her quest I felt there is not time like the present.  I have a health coach who I am sure we will discuss at length in future posts, I have three gym memberships because I just don’t want to admit to myself that I’m not going and they make it very hard to cancel (more on that frustration later) and I have trade with Crossfit Prescott but right now Joey scares me so we’ll ease into this little quest focused on nutrition and getting active but next week I will face Joey at 5:30AM and whine about it to y’all later.

So day 1 went well followed all the rules of my health coach and managed to drag myself to the Y for an hour easy cardio session of 
Row machine


Stationary Bike, 

and Treadmill.  

The trifecta of my dislikes!!!  However, it felt good to get a little active and the body let me know it’s been awhile so I think slow and steady is the recipe for success.  

Well it wouldn’t be truly a bare all fitness quest if we didn’t share some pictures and some goal pictures.  I was extremely happy with my health when I was in the Navy so that is where I would like to be again so that is the goal picture and of course we must have the beginning picture.
Before - Navy Day's

Today - The Beginning of the Quest

  Now, to get and stay on this quest until I reach my goals.  It is my hopes that as I share my journey you will also join me and discuss your journey as well.  Please don’t hesitate to comment and ask questions I would love to have an open conversation with y’all so don’t be a stranger.

The Quest has begun…

No comments:

Post a Comment