Saturday, June 13, 2015

Settling In

Who'd ever think I'd prefer a morning workout?

All smiles at 7:45am, workout complete and ready to get to work.

Less than twelve hours after last night's workout Lad & I were back at CrossFit.  6am.  Yeah, I know.  I must have the bug.

I still can't lift, and that's frustrating.  My hand was so sore I asked Joey to give it a break (haha) and he set me up doing wind sprints.

Oh, this was my first thought!!

400m run down then up a hill, followed by hip extensions and 20/20/20 planks.  Five times.

Have you met my friend Ferris?

He's a big proponent of skipping the fifth set...

The first sprint left me breathless; I took a moment outside to collect myself.  No way I could let Lad see me weak-not happening.  Emotionally weak, sure.  As a future man, he needs to learn to comfort a woman (or leave her alone:). Physically weak?  Nope.  Not happening.

Second set, and I'm worried.  It's too hard to breathe.  My extensions are harder to complete, as are my planks.  No way I can do five sets.

Third run, and I'm breathing easier.  The extensions and planks remain hard, but I'm intrigued-have I hit cruising?

Fourth run, and it's not too bad-after all it's my "last set" right?

I see Lad, chatting with an older gentleman.  He's finished his sets, and I claim to just need a cool down.

I do the fifth set.

It was fine.

Runs aren't as long, either.

I rowed for a cool down, and then Laddie and I left, his arm draped over my shoulders.

"See, that wasn't that bad, was it Mom?"

Accountability.  Partnership.

Amazing things.


No comments:

Post a Comment