Saturday, June 6, 2015

Early Bird

It's my first day at my new job, but I need my exercise first, right?

Let's start with leg press.  At over 100lbs because, why not?

I've found the answer to keeping the 80% engaged:  partnership.

My son and partner in CrossFit, Lad.

Learning form.

After all, why would I get up and leave my home before 6am to exercise before my first day of work if not to fulfill a promise  to my exercise partner?

The journey to fitness has not been fun; I am still awaiting the day (a full sixteen weeks later) that I wake up without pain or soreness.  What I have found is the enjoyment of being with other people far outweighs the trials.  What I love about hiking (having partners) has been the catalyst for the gym:  I simply do better with others.

He tips just like his mother.

These are the early days...and I'm delighted to watch him learn.

My new job is fabulous; my boss told me it was if I'd been there for years (unsurprising-I've haunted many a museum office!)

My view from my desk:)

As I transition back to full time, plus keep the job with eNews, I wonder what will happen in my fitness quest.

I have no doubts it will continue, my son by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment