Monday, June 22, 2015

Starting over

I weighed 158lbs this morning.

This despite carefully controlling 200 calorie fuelings all last week (I stayed right at 155lb.) so over the weekend I chucked it and ate what I wanted.

Pain does that to you.

So fueling #1 before CrossFit- 18 cashews.  It's one of the few foods my stomach tolerates this early.

Today I start over:  back on my fuelings, my annual doctor visit (ladies, it's the one we all love), early morning CrossFit with a very hurting hand, burning shoe leather for eNews and counseling.

It's no longer trying, it has to be doing.

With my morning cup of coffee, in my almost too small gym shorts, it sounds easy.

My iPhone camera is great for masking cellulite!

Yesterday was horrible; the pain effecting every decision.  As I reflected back over the past few months, I realized a gapping hole in my life was not the fault of my husband, the King, but rather from the loss of my prior job.  For 12 years I was a senior level field manager for a jewelry company; a perk of that was extensive travel, which I love.  New cities meant new adventures as I immersed myself in local culture-enjoying the food, people and history of where I travelled.

Adventure.  Excitement.  I crave these things-they make up a large part of who I am.

Looks like I'm never gonna be a Jedi...

It's been two full years since my last vacation with the King.  It's been eighteen months since I've been in Michigan and spent time with family and friends.  I did manage one short little extended weekend last November...

Florida, not California.  I grew up in the Midwest.

...and I am so thankful for that.  But then I hit my head, the same week my company closed.

The Quest began two months later.

I'm at a crossroads right this minute-today.  

June 22nd.

Time to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment