Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Double Dipping

"Let's hike at 6am" he said.  "It'll be great," he said.

It was cold.

Like want to go back to the car and find a sweatshirt cold.

Like the dead tree was shivering cold.

Of course the answer to that is hiking faster, right?

Or how about sitting in the sun? 😁

I'm hiking with The Wild Hussey, who has decided to start a Fitness Quest of his own, and will be blogging his story here.  This is our third hike together, but his first official Quest hike; we are back at Constellation trail, whose trailhead is the parking lot of my new job.  I'm scouting out lunch locations while Chris plots our course.  We're going the opposite way, and it's seems harder.

We debated if this was even a trail.  It was.

It did warm up, and I worried about our timing.  You see, I had CrossFit Prescott at 8am.

Oh, I know it's nuts-and hours later I'm STILL REGRETING IT. (Sorry, Troy!)  let's just say I learned the hard way that a hike is too much of a warm-up.

Getting rocks out of my shoe (proof Chris was along.  Who'd think The Wild Hussey would be camera shy?)

The hike complete, I drive over to meet Lad.

Yes, my 14 year old son greets me this way.

The Professor teaching the basics.

Dang kid picked up form fast.  I was jealous.

My workout?  I did modified ring pulls and kettle bell squats with planks again, and barbell squats.  

It was hard.

Like lay on the ground after planking and not wanting to get up hard.

Then there was the mini ab set with the Roman  chair and abmat.

Hmmmm

I finished exhausted, sick to my stomach and fading fast.

At least he could pick me up if I collapsed, right?

Getting in the car, I start digging around for some sort of "fueling."  Jerky, nuts, something....

Carrot cake.

We were delighted!!!!!

I shoveled in four forkfuls, and handed Lad the rest.  Chris had posted about making carrot cake last night with his son, and I had begged him to bring me a piece to sweeten the 6am start time.  Now, it had saved my life.

Perhaps hiking with The Wild Hussey won't be that bad after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment