Wednesday, March 11, 2015

17: The Big Break

After ten days straight of exercise, I took a break.

Well, sorta.  I worked today (did you all know I have a job?) and spent time with my girls.

Because isn't it convenient one of my clients is Nastee Dogs:)
If you haven't been to Nastee Dogs yet, you are missing out.  They make EVERYTHING from scratch-even the mayonnaise, ketchup & mustard.  

This is Chef Paul checking on the links-yes, they make those from scratch, too.
I had a full afternoon of meetings and interviews, and returned home feeling good.

Like really good.

Like, this good:



Maybe it's because I was wearing a princess t-shirt with sparkles.

Snow White.  Not my favorite princess, but they didn't have my size in the Cinderella one.
All I know, is I felt like I actually accomplished something today.

I did not exercise (well, walking six blocks downtown is probably mild exercise) and today was all about business.

I love business.  I love growing businesses.  For twelve years I not only sold things, I trained and built businesses.

I loved the awards ceremonies as you can see:)
I was really pretty good at it; then the company closed.  Days like today remind me that there is something I'm really good at-and it's been too easy to dwell only on what is not working lately. Fitness is an entirely new challenge for me, one I have failed to master my entire life.  Business is something I love; I can feel myself easing into this new cockpit with anticipation, familiarizing myself with the instruments.  This weekend I'll write my flight plan, and by next week I should be pushing the throttles forward.

I'm sorry, but I love this plane.  Can anyone manage to get me a ride as a RIO?

Just as the Fitness Quest has pushed my physical limitations, my new job is pushing back some old barriers I had erected.  While the runway isn't quite cleared, I'm getting ready to taxi out to it.


I know, it's a Piper Warrior & not an F-14.  But when I picture taxiing, this is my real life experience.

I'm 6, Dad is 38.  We flew a lot together; as the oldest daughter of an Air Force vet with no sons, I come by my love of flight righteously.

So it's time to open the little window, yell "all clear!" and start the prop.  My one-day break from exercise has restored my hope in what I do, and what I'm about to do.  It's time to slip the surly bonds of Earth, and dance the skies on laughter silvered wings.

To hell with "exercise."

It's time to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment